Should I have purchased better faucets???/

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a two faucet tower for my kegerator with these faucets:
I find that when days go between pours the front plunger glues itself with the beer sugars and is very very hard to operate....almost feels like I am going to break it to start a pour.

Is the faucet pictured below a better idea or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Joe

I use Perlick 525SS's (not affiliated with or selling them, btw) and they work great, even with days between a pour. They're a bit pricy, but worth it I think.

4 Perlicks for me. They were the one item in my keezer build that I absolutely had to have. Needless to say, I love mine.

The more I read on them, the more I know I have the faucets that kove to stick. I am not kidding, I feel like I am going to rip my 12" tap handles right off the darn faucets when they are really stuck....almost glued!

Thanks for the advice
Joe

I had the same problem and purchased Perlicks on advice from others. A year later these things have been brilliant with zero sticking problems.

I would probably go as far to say that these are probably one of the best home brewing purchases which I have made.

I'm just looking into faucets, but I've read that you can spray a little water up into a non-perlick faucet after pouring and it minimizes sticking.

I've been using hose end picnic taps with my cornies for years. I just researched beer faucets on Google and read what others had to say. That is how I found this forum. I ended up going with Perlick 425ss. I use four for beer and two for sugar rich (read sticky) sodas. I've only had them for a month and I was impressed from the first pour. Build quality is fantastic and as is their function. I highly recommend them.

In reading about sticky faucets I wondered if using liberal amounts of keg lube on the offending parts might reduce sticking? Silicone based lubes are extremely hydrophobic so it should help.
Bill

Thank you all for the advice. I am going to purchase 2 perlicks when I get a chance.

I have 3 of those cheaper faucets on my 4 faucet keezer because they came with a bunch of kegging supplies I picked up on craigslist. I keep a spray bottle of starsan solution handy and rinse them out after using to keep them from sticking, but I also plan on replacing them with perlicks soon.

Perlicks are basically designed for non constant use. They will work just as well with constant use but are considered the most sanitary tap faucet availible (due to forward seating valve). My old faucets stuck, my new Perlic ones never stick.

Latest posts

Back