shot in the dark

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thexyboi21

Reaction score
I started this batch of wine just for experimenting purposes, I used 1 12oz. can apple cherry and 1 12oz. can of blueberry pomegranate, and it came out with this really good looking color almost a pinkish kind of peachy color, and it smells really good. Its only a gallon batch but i wasn't quite sure on the yeast i should use, so i just threw in some Red Star "Premier Cuv'ee" does anyone have a suggestion on a better yeast for that?

I started this batch of wine just for experimenting purposes, I used 1 12oz. can apple cherry and 1 12oz. can of blueberry pomegranate, and it came out with this really good looking color almost a pinkish kind of peachy color, and it smells really good. Its only a gallon batch but i wasn't quite sure on the yeast i should use, so i just threw in some Red Star "Premier Cuv'ee" does anyone have a suggestion on a better yeast for that?

No, that's a good yeast. It's a low foaming champagne yeast strain, if I remember correctly! I'm using it right now in a cranberry wine, 2 gallons.

Yea i found that overflowing with foam onto the carpet doesn't turn out so good. Last question i got, do you usually wait to rack your wine until all the co2 stops coming out of the airlock.. I've been pretty much doing my own thing since everyone pretty much has a different answer for everything >:|

Did you get a sg reading before pitching the yeast? I ferment until its completely done and dry but I like dry wines and am no pro...Your hydrometer will tell you when its ready to rack. If you didn't take a reading initially I'd leave it a week or so in hopes fermentation is complete and then rack. Sounds like a great combination of fruit juices and I hope it turns out excellent!

You will always get different answers due to different preferences in taste or different teachings, but one constant seems to be diligent usage of your hydrometer. I lucked out with the literature I read being like a DI beating hydrometer use into my routine.

Back