Short Dry hop - need your input

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bastido

Reaction score
So one of my last brews is a simple grain bill, pale ale. I wanted a beer I could go grain from glass in about two weeks, force carbing of course.

Would I get any benefit of a really short dry hop, like 3 or 4 days?? Mainly, because I have read that hopping while fermentation is present can reduce the aroma. Since it's creating Co2 it's also purging the fermentor of the hop aroma.

Is it worth using the hops at all?? Anybody had any good aroma results from this length of dry hopping??

Need your input!! Much appreciated as always.

Justin

It's always worth dry hopping :D

Dry hopping during fermentation can take away some of the aroma, but since you're still talking about a few weeks of total time the fermentation should be more than done inside the first week, which would leave you another week to squeeze a dry hop in.

ANY amount of late additions will influence the beer flavor profile. Let the initial fermentation go for the first week, dry hop and then get back to your schedule.

why don't you try putting the dry hops in a grain bacg and putting it in the keg. Or making a randal for serving?

Back