Shopping for the wife

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koch711

Reaction score
Why is this relevant to beer you ask? The wife as part of her bday gift asked for a batch of beer to be made for her. Not some light or fruity beer, but one that is around 10% and 100 IBU. The rest of the beer details is up to me and the surprise for her. Off to the LHBS I go. Best shopping request ever.

I crafted one in BeerSmith this morning. It is very losely based on a HopSlam recipe, but modified to include some wheat and a change up of the hops somewhat to use what I have in the freezer that I've been wanting to clear out in preparation of getting some bulk hops ordered. Hops are going to be columbus, centennial, amarillo, citra, and simcoe (12 oz total). Maybe in some ways a hybrid lil sumpin sumpin / hop slam IPA. I can post later when back to computer.

Damn....I misread the title. I thought it said 'Shopping for a wife". I had all kinds of suggestions. Mail order brides are the rage I hear!

Yes, but considerably underage. I'm pretty pumped to brew this beer. Going to need to get a big starter going early this week. Excited to use the new homemade stirplate for the first time as well.

Back