Shank Washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave46382

Reaction score
I want to got to my local hardware (instead of buying from a home brew vendor) store for a shank washer. 1/4 inch tail piece. What size/kind am I looking for?

Can you give a little bit more info on what your using the washer for? A shank washer is usually a rubber washer that goes in your toilet. Are you talking about a rubber high temp gasket or are you talking about a round metal washer, typically referred to as a fender washer?

Basically if the item you want is rubber, it should be high temperature and if the part you are talking about is metal it should be stainless steel. These are things that, while sometimes available, are not very plentiful at local hardware stores, especially if you are looking for lots of parts or sizes.

With a little bit more info on what your trying to do the group should be able to give you some more help.

A shank washer is usually a rubber washer that goes in your toilet.

I believe the full name for that part is a "ball cock shank washer"

Which is even funnier than just shank washer.... don't forget to use soap.

Sorry no help to the OP.:off:

image_940.jpg

Black Neoprene Beer Shank Washer

Read this as "skank washer". Thought it was one of those weird movie jobs you see in the credits, like "third assistant best-boy".

Back