Shank loose from tower - how to tighten?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffb666

Reaction score
Ok, maybe I am an idiot, because I cant figure this out.
BUT - my shank seems to be loose connected to the tap tower,
and the actual tap is tight onto the shank. Beer is pouring fine.
The shank just wiggles where attached to tower.
How the heck do you tighten this back up?
Seems like the tightening mechanism is inside the tower...
???

Yes, it definitely is inside the tower. Look at some pictures of tower shanks and you'll get an idea of the size nut you're looking at.

The top of your tower can be pried off with fingers, or very gently with a screwdriver. Get the nuts inside as tight as you can, with the tap itself slightly skewed counter-clockwise (as you're facing it). Then Hold the nut as tightly as you can, and rotate the tap into vertical position, thus tightening it.

I do it this way, because my adjustable crescent wrenches don't fit well into the cavity, and the two taps are too close together to get a good grip with any tools I've got.

Ah so the top DOES come off! Thing seems like its really on there, wasnt sure about that. So just pry it off with something?

You can pry it off, just be careful. You don't want to scratch your nice chrome! I like to just use both hands, and dig my fingers into the crack.

Latest posts

Back