Setting up the mini temperature controller??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjncoguyx

Reaction score
Just got myself a beast of a chest freezer for free off of CL.

Photo0857.jpg

anyways i am planning on setting it up as a fermentation chamber with the stc-1000 temp controller. Im pretty sure i have the wiring correct in my mind, here is what im planning on doing.

wiring.jpg

Does it look correct?:(

Yep, that's a good circuit. You can jumper the negative to the controller from the outlet, and remember to break the bridge off on the positive side!

Yep, that's a good circuit. You can jumper the negative to the controller from the outlet, and remember to break the bridge off on the positive side!
:mug: sweet, i talked to my buddy(who's an electrician) finally and he said it looks fine. He was a little confused by the 220v. I told him not to worry it's just diagram for EU. Yeah i will probably break the tab for positive and leave the neutral and just hook up the neutral to one post. Hooray! Now just to wait for the temp controller.

I'll be sure to post up pics when its all done.

God I can't wait to build one of these. I'm in a 2BR condo, but my parents just bought a new house with a huge basement that will serve as my brewery, father's workshop, and our mantown.

Just found a chest freezer free on CL also... looking into temp controllers. Man, there's tons on ebay. Looking for a new one not used, but any recommendations?

just watch, some of the ebay ones are 220v only. some of the sellers have both and though they picture the 220v one they will send the 110v when ordering from the us. i think mine came from quality_link, or something like that.

Back