Seneca...a work in progress

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seneca

Reaction score
I am new to the forum; relatively new to home brewing. I've brewed about 5 batches. The first one came out great, the second one was decent, and after that it went down hill quickly. Two of them tasted terrible (may have been sanitation problems), and the last one was ruined by an insane amount of carbonation (I think I bottled it too early). After opening a bottle of the last batch in the kitchen the cap shot off and nailed my wife. That was pretty bad, however, wouldn't have been so bad if the cap wasn't shortly followed by a seemingly unending stream of foam from the bottle. In any case, that put a damper on the home brewing for a while. Now a few months later I am getting back into in. I currently have a Chimay Blue clone fermenting in the closet. I’ll post on how that came out in 2-3 months. I am thinking about brewing a Chocolate Stout next. If anyone has any advice, pointers, or would like to help form the recipe see “Sweet Chocolate Stout?” is the extract section.

Back