Seeking pediatric dental knowledge on pulpectomy vs extraction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly_belly

Someday After A While
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My 8 year old son has an abcess in a primary tooth (bottom left next to a molar) and his dentist said he needed a pulpectomy. Of course, I only have a dental basic plan and this won't be covered. He also couldn't tell me the cost as he referred us to a pediatric dentist. Anyone have an idea how much this would cost? Also, as an option, I guess we could have the tooth extracted and a space maintainer installed. But, I can't find any information about this process either (as far as cost and maintainance of the spacer. Any advice or knowledge that could be shared with me would be appreciated and would help me to make an informed decision.

Thank you.

I've tried calling every dentist in the area - apparently they do so well they don't have to work on Fridays. I was hoping someone here had been in the same situation and could share their experience. Thanks, anyway.

Back