See through and light weight propane tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenBoneBrew

Reaction score
I was running my banjo burner for the first time last weekend and made to two batches since I was having so much fun. I was worried about running out of propane thou. I had a thought that in the future that I could start weighing the tank and tracking how many pounds of propane I burn per batch. Then I came across these on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UWMJAM/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

They are expensive, but it would really easy to know how much propane is left even before you start brewing. I tried searching, sorry if this a repost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I dont have the money for it. I'm trying to run off the propane line coming into the house instead right. Just thought a few people on here might like the idea.

wow, that's pretty neat, and it comes in other designer colors! But about 2x the price of a steel tank which i can mostly tell the level with the frost layer.

Weighing the tank works. Mine is about 15-pounds when empty so if I'm near 15-pounds it's time for a refill.

Buying another tank to keep on hand as a spare is helpful also.

Back