Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bel

Reaction score
11 days in the secondary and I still have yeast clumps floating up and down. It was in the primary for ten days. Is this normal? It seems to be clearing a little but some yeast clumps are just kind of suspended. Any thoughts?

You could give it time, as it will clear out on its own. Or you could attempt to clear it by adding gelatin. Or you could cold crash it so the yeast fall out of suspension

You could give it time, as it will clear out on its own. Or you could attempt to clear it by adding gelatin. Or you could cold crash it so the yeast fall out of suspension

Yep just give it some time I normally just wait around 2 weeks but more won't hurt it.

Thanks for the replies. It's my first batch so really sure what to expect.

Most brewers advocate that you leave it in the primary for several weeks (as long as 4 or 5). Secondaries are not usually necessary unless you're doing some long term bulk conditioning or if you're adding fruit.

This doesn't mean that your beer is going to be bad. Only that in the future you might try just leaving it in the primary.

I know how difficult it is to just leave the beer alone, especially on the first batch. Patience will come as you brew more!

Latest posts

Back