Secondary and Temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wikki

Reaction score
So my fermentation freezer only has room for one Bucket and no carboy. Once Primary is done, if i'm going to be doing some aging in the carboy can I just leave the carboy in a closet or something? Temp isn't as important at that point correct?

So my fermentation freezer only has room for one Bucket and no carboy. Once Primary is done, if i'm going to be doing some aging in the carboy can I just leave the carboy in a closet or something? Temp isn't as important at that point correct?

Correct, you don't want it hot but temperature control is really not an issue once fermentation is complete. You can condition cold or ambient, cold will yield a cleaner, clearer beer, kind of like a lager.

After fermentation is over temp control isn't much of an issue. The yeast are done doing their job and are switching to clean up mode. Just keep the beer under 80F to protect the flavor and you should be ok.

Back