Seasonal Meads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing_Beagle

Reaction score
Hello home brewers and mead makers.

First of all I want to thank everyone for the great advice you've all contributed. It's extremely helpful for newbies such as myself. I recently fell in love with the simplicity of making mead especially and have been greatly encouraged by your willingness to help.

So now I was just wondering what all your favorite seasonal mead recipes are?
I ask because I just recently did an apple pie cyser to sip on those crisp fall evenings by the fire. I'm also going to be experimenting with a holiday recipe using cranberry juice, orange and ginger, and also want to try a cranberry with mulling spices. Not sure if these combinations would work well together or not but I guess there's no harm in trying.

So please let me know about your favorites seasonal mead, or if you have any advice on the holiday cranberry meads I'll be trying, feel free to comment.

Cheers and happy brewing.

~The Brewing Beagle~

I did a cranberry orange spice that turned out pretty darned good. 5 Gallon batch just off dry with 12 oz Hibiscus Tea in Primary. 4 pounds cranberries, 6 Pounds Peeled oranges in secondary. Added 4 cinnamon sticks, 3 cloves, 3 vanilla beans and 2 star anise for 8 days after racking from the fruit. Started January 2015 first bottles opened Christmas 2015 and next opened Christmas and New Years 2016. (2016 was much better than 15 - mellowed nicely and spices melded really well.) Have a few left for Christmas 2017 and am excited to see what another year does to the flavor.

I'm going a different direction with 'Seasonal'. My favorite is a basic Lavender Mead made with Munstead Lavender and Summer honey. It's light, floral, sweet...perfect for summer!

We're actually getting ready to make some to enter in the state fair competition in two years. For such a basic Mead, it really stands out as a favorite we've made.

Back