Sears Coldspot chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chcarpenter

Reaction score
Alright so I am trying to get ahold of chest freezer to be able to convert, and a friend as a Sear Cold Spot chest freezer he no longer needs. Well I can say the thing is big and would meet my legging needs, but what i am concerned about is the conversion itself. I want to be able to remove the lid to build a collar for it. The issue is that is has an intern hinge that I have never seen, so I am unsure how it would mount to the collar.

So I guess what I am asking is for thoughts on if this is able to work for a kegerator with this style of lid, and if so has anyone used one of these before that may have pictures of how they did it.
Other question would be should I just buy a new chest freezer and abandon the idea of using this one.

Thoughts...

3134721_2OK0YNPQ7.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo.jpg

Are there two different freezers here? The liners look different from one shot to the other.

In any case, that's gotta be one really old chest freezer.

Pass.

Latest posts

Back