Score!!! New Chest Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice9

Reaction score
So I got an ad in the mail the other day for a local Menards store near my house that is having a Grand Re-Opening sale this week (they recently expanded). I was thumbing through the ad and noticed a 10cuft Whirlpool chest freezer for $198 ($100 off).
I decided today that I was going to buy one. As I was standing in the store measuring it to see if it would fit my needs (Lagering, summer fermenting, cold beer storage) my dad says, "what about this one, it's only $50 more." So, I'm now the proud new owner of a 14.2cuft Whirlpool chest freezer. It was only $248, I couldn't pass it up!!!!
whirl14_2.jpg

I've got a Ranco controller on the way, I can't wait ot get this baby up and running!!:mug:

Congrats! Now go back and the the 10 cu. ft. so you have a dedicated fermenter and a dedicated cold storage for your kegs. ;)

EdWort said:
Congrats! Now go back and the the 10 cu. ft. so you have a dedicated fermenter and a dedicated cold storage for your kegs. ;)

I can't say that I didn't already think of doing that.......but I have to limit the insanity a little bit, don't I?

Plus, I'm in love with the Blichmann brew kettles$$$...... So add the extra freezer to the list of things I really don't need but would be nice to own list!

I haven't checked yet.
I only have two kegs right now and they're both in my kegerator, filled with beer.

Ice9

Make sure you plug in the freezer before you do anything to it.
I just bought the sameone from Lowes yesterday and it dose not work so it's going back.:mad:

EdWort said:

Ed u need to give my wife a call...LOL I have a 6 keg keezer going but man I just need another to use for fermentation of my beer!!!:ban:

Some day:D

J

How many kegs will you be able to fit in there?

I finally had a chance to see how many kegs I could fit in this thing.
7 will easily fit on the floor and you could get one more on the hump with a collar. I only had 2 kegs to check the fit with, so it might be possible to squeeze the 8th one onto the bottom of the freezer instead of the hump.

Back