Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shermwormbrew

Reaction score
My Keezer took a dump so I was in the market for a new one recently. I came across the Midea 7.0 Cu Ft at Costco for $169.99 so I bought it. This freezer can fit my 4 5 gallon corney kegs. It can also fit a kegmenter with 1 maybe 2 kegs. Im making a 2x8 collar so I can put an additional keg on the internal compressor shelf. Not only can I finally fit my kegmenter in a chest freezer but this thing comes with a cooling option so It can self regulate to refrigeration temps. So no more secondary temp controller. I live in California and from what I understand this is a new model Costco is selling now. These freezers also have a great warranty. I will follow up here when I complete my simple collar build within the next few days.
0CC0A5B6-8A1E-4D83-9385-2FF8BDF37DD0.png

Attachments

• E52BCEE7-9DEA-4484-8963-CE1BE2E0661C.png
    E52BCEE7-9DEA-4484-8963-CE1BE2E0661C.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 184
  • 1D877BB7-5CEE-4970-9BE5-3E432BA6EE9B.jpeg
    1D877BB7-5CEE-4970-9BE5-3E432BA6EE9B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 188
  • F8B6E7BD-B7B0-4E4D-BCB1-6F09DC844A31.jpeg
    F8B6E7BD-B7B0-4E4D-BCB1-6F09DC844A31.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
That’s a great price. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for that model. It looks like it could only hold 3 1/6th bbl sanke kegs. What do you think? I’ve been looking for a layering container. The fridge temp feature sounds cool

Wow.....that's a great price. I'm in FL and the website says $259 delivered. I'm going to check the store soon to see if they have it. That cooling option looks great. The manual on the website shows a different dial. Looks like this model is more adjustable!

@apache_brew
I’ll check later today and get back to you.

@snookluvr
That’s the price online for me locally too but their website sucks. Just call in to your local Costco press like 1 for administrative and ask them. Just say you looking for a 7 cu ft chest freezer and they are really helpful looking it up and checking stock.

@apache_brew
The interior dimensions are 27.25”Wx16.5”D
I also measured how wide the compressor shelf was and it’s 7”
Here are some updated photos. I just need to finish gas and liquid lines.
I also just scored 2 like new kegs, one a 2.5 gallon and one a 5 gallon for $40 total!!! Super pumped about that.

Attachments

• D09605E6-2B39-48AE-AAA4-4724031BA3C9.jpeg
    D09605E6-2B39-48AE-AAA4-4724031BA3C9.jpeg
    954.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 1B12278F-ADE3-4325-987F-EE63BFB453A0.jpeg
    1B12278F-ADE3-4325-987F-EE63BFB453A0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 190
@apache_brew
The interior dimensions are 27.25”Wx16.5”D
I also measured how wide the compressor shelf was and it’s 7”
Here are some updated photos. I just need to finish gas and liquid lines.
I also just scored 2 like new kegs, one a 2.5 gallon and one a 5 gallon for $40 total!!! Super pumped about that.

Are you positive this is the model number of this freezer? When I checked the manual it says the dial does not have a cooling option. The max temperature is 0 degrees (a little cool for beer). You may have purchased the MRC07M6AWW model?

My Costco has a differeent model Midea 7 CF. I measured the interior and it will only hold 3 ball lock on the floor. MRC07M6AWW is the model number

4 on the floor? Cool. rare to fine a 7cf class freezer that will hold 4 cornies on the floor.

Nice build! I am in the process of a keeper build myself.

What are you, or anyone else for that matter using to secure the collar to the kreezer? Liquid nails or something similar?

Thanks in advance

Nice build! I am in the process of a keeper build myself.

What are you, or anyone else for that matter using to secure the collar to the kreezer? Liquid nails or something similar?

Thanks in advance
I just used some clear silicon to mate the 2x8 to the top of the freezer. I figured if I needed it to go back to a freezer, better not be using anything tougher. Silicon seals it just fine and I haven't had any issues. It's just standard Loc-Tite brand stuff for like sinks and tubs.

My Keezer took a dump so I was in the market for a new one recently. I came across the Midea 7.0 Cu Ft at Costco for $169.99 so I bought it. This freezer can fit my 4 5 gallon corney kegs. It can also fit a kegmenter with 1 maybe 2 kegs. Im making a 2x8 collar so I can put an additional keg on the internal compressor shelf. Not only can I finally fit my kegmenter in a chest freezer but this thing comes with a cooling option so It can self regulate to refrigeration temps. So no more secondary temp controller. I live in California and from what I understand this is a new model Costco is selling now. These freezers also have a great warranty. I will follow up here when I complete my simple collar build within the next few days. View attachment 736157
I recently bought this same freezer on Craigslist brand new in the box for $140 and converted it into a Keezer, moving away from my 2 tap setup on a standup fridge. I noticed in one of your pictures that your dial is turned slightly into the “freezing” zone. Is that where you keep it at all times? I have had mine going for a few days now set at the far right of the “refrigerator” zone and it doesn’t seem to keep it as cool as I would like. Just curious as to how you run the system and if it will eventually get where I need it in the fridge zone or if I should be running on freezer.

I am using a different freezer. However I would suggest setting to to the coldest setting and using a temp regulator like the Johnson A419 or the inkbird 308. This will keep the temp regular at your set temp by kicking the compressor on and off as needed.

I appreciate the reply. This specific unit I’m running is a convertible freezer/fridge, so that’s where my issue lies. I’m hoping to get some direct feedback from someone using the same unit to see how they run it. My hope was to avoid using an inkbird so that I can continue to use the one I have for the fermentation chamber. I was running it on the max “cooling” setting (at least that’s what I assume). The manual doesn’t provide much detail as to which direction is max cooling/freezing, the zones are just labeled. If anyone does use the Midea convertible freezer/fridge, has the cooling setting provided a cold/stable enough temperature without having to use a controller?

Is the Midea freezer that fits four ball lock cornies the MRC07M5AWW?
It looks like a pretty tight fit... are there any airflow issues that might create warm or cold spots?

Is the Midea freezer that fits four ball lock cornies the MRC07M5AWW?
It looks like a pretty tight fit... are there any airflow issues that might create warm or cold spots?
The model I have. I can fit 4 pin locks, 3 on the floor and 1 on the shelf. I have 20lb CO2 tank that doesn’t fit, but I think anything smaller would also fit on the shelf without issue. I have a small fan on the extra shelf space that I use to circulate the air and eliminate any temp differential. My probe is insulated to the mason jar so it reads temperature from the top of the Keezer.

I converted my 2 tap to the 4 tap, hence the different length shanks. I would recommend 4” and will move the 5” to the far left once I get around to it. The 5” do make it a little more difficult to get kegs in and out - I guess it depends on the thickness of your collar. I used 1x8 and 1x10 for the collar; 2” would likely force you to use >5” shanks and make maneuvering kegs difficult.

Attachments

• 4B2296BE-EBA9-430D-9E15-614BBD461BE9.jpeg
    4B2296BE-EBA9-430D-9E15-614BBD461BE9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • CA46873E-6813-4D0B-8520-52A0D46B8DC3.jpeg
    CA46873E-6813-4D0B-8520-52A0D46B8DC3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back