School me on Fermentation Chambers!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndMan3030

Reaction score
Hello HBT!

I am looking to build a ferm chamber that can hold 4 carboys. I would like to have stable temp range from 32 deg F - to 75 deg F. I am building this 'chamber' in my laundry room, and have ample room to work with. I would like to get some ideas from this awesome brewing rescource. Please post ideas for the build with materials and equipment in mind. Also, Pics would be great.

:pipe:

I have a 15cu ft. chest freezer. (3) 15 gallon malt drums from my LHBS. PLENTY of ferm space! I built the STC-1000 2-stage controller... It is controlling my other ferm chamber right now. I am beta-testing a new product called the Fermostat on my chest chamber right now. So far, it is chugging right along on it's lager schedule I set up.
Malt%20Drum%20Fermentors%20%28Large%29.jpg

Yep. No joke. Probably have a hard time matching the efficiency of a commercially built unit. I'm adding Ferm/keezer control into a BCS 462 eHerms build over the next month.

Thanks for the help. I was going to build it, but I have already converted 1 chest freezer for my taps, and it was very easy. I suppose finding a larger chest freezer for the ferm chamber woud be better than building one. Cheers!

Just a thought...you might want to consider 2 smaller freezers. If you do it all in one then you will need to maintain the same temperature for all simultaneous fermentations. If you have 2 then you could do lagers in one and ales in the other.

Or, as I plan to do, buy 2 single stage aquarium controllers and use them to heat individual fermentation vessels. I will set the main controller to the coldest ferm temp and then use the other two to control each vessel individually and all in the same chamber.

Latest posts

Back