Sanke tap adjustment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msehler

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a few sanke taps off of craiglist (NADS chrome plated type), and started cleaning them up. I noticed that one of the "plungers" (the thing that goes down to engage the ball bearing in the sanke keg), is too long. As in, even in the "unengaged" position, the tap still taps the keg when putting it on. Is there a way to adjust this height back to where it needs to be?

I did a quick search both here and on google and didn't find anything applicable.

I purchased a few sanke taps off of craiglist (NADS chrome plated type), and started cleaning them up. I noticed that one of the "plungers" (the thing that goes down to engage the ball bearing in the sanke keg), is too long. As in, even in the "unengaged" position, the tap still taps the keg when putting it on. Is there a way to adjust this height back to where it needs to be?

I did a quick search both here and on google and didn't find anything applicable.

Sounds like that one is a type S coupler (AKA a Euro coupler), not a type D. They're virtually identical to type D except the stem is 1/4" longer. They fit kegs from many of the European breweries.

Back