• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sanke spears

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uber_franz

Reaction score
Anybody have a couple of SANKE spears laying around collecting dust? I'm looking to make some sight glass protectors with them. Let me know? I need 3 or 4.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Got the four cut and just waiting for the boxes to arrive (USPS flat rate). The selection at the local PO is pitiful. Would take just as long to get them there, as asking for them online.

Tubes ended up about 20" long, after being cut. Just means less work for you to get to use them. Was interesting cutting the first one with the ball (and spring) still in it. Next time I do something like this, I'll use a small spacer under the tube so that the blade doesn't get stuck like it did (from being pinched).

At least I was able to use my H/V 4x6 bandsaw some more.

Golddiggie what a guy! Yeah I have a bunch of them lying around from all the conversions we do out of the fab shop. But it looks like GD took good care of you. Post up some picts we would all like to see the project for sure.

Cheers
Jay

Golddiggie what a guy! Yeah I have a bunch of them lying around from all the conversions we do out of the fab shop. But it looks like GD took good care of you. Post up some picts we would all like to see the project for sure.

Cheers
Jay

Tanks Jay... Got more machinery/tooling, so this was pretty easy. Hardest part was getting the spears broken down. One was more difficult, but a friend gave an assist there. I need to get a milling machine so that I can do even more. Can't do that until I'm either working, or I luck into one.

Tanks Jay... Got more machinery/tooling, so this was pretty easy. Hardest part was getting the spears broken down. One was more difficult, but a friend gave an assist there. I need to get a milling machine so that I can do even more. Can't do that until I'm either working, or I luck into one.

Keep you eyes on the online liquidation auctions. You can find and bid on a bunch of stuff. I found a 6' 3 ph 220vac Wysong sheer for the fab shop and won the bid for about 1/4 of what it would sell for on the open market. I see milling machines all the time that go for less than 2k with tooling..
Cheers
Jay

Back