San Francisco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Going to be in San Fran in the Union Square area next month.

Could use some locals suggestions on places to eat/drink. Last time I went I felt like too much of a tourist relying on random peoples suggestions.

For drinking, the Toronado Pub is tops. Take BART to the Civic Center Station. Walk to Van Ness and Market. Then jump on either the 6, 7, 66, or 71 MUNI bus line to Haight and Fillmore.

And walking there from the BART station isn't bad. If you like sausage, there's a hole-in-the-wall about two stores over from the Toronado.

+1 on Toronado. Tons of beers, all interesting. The sausage place next door is Rosamunde. It's good.

My favorite spot, though, is Magnolia, on the corner of Haight and Masonic. Really great brewpub with fine food. They have a ton of different beers, many cask conditioned. As of two weeks ago they even had two (two!) different Milds on tap!

Also recommended is the 21st Amendment, near the ballpark. Jamil's always talking about it on the podcast. They do a really good job.

Prohibition brewery is also supposed to have a cool tour/fun evening on Friday nights, but I haven't yet been.

Not to thread jack but this helps me too.

I just found out I'll be there the week of the 22nd. I'm up for a meet if anyone has time but otherwise keep the suggestions coming.

Make sure you hit up City Beer (citybeerstore.com). It's a short walk from BART Civic Center, and you can grab a cab to take your prized bottles back to the hotel. They have taps, and you can open anything they have in the store to drink there if you want (though why would you when you can take it back to the hotel). They are not open on Mondays so don't go then :) .. it's a big homebrewer hangout, so if you walk in and start chatting it up with random folks you will find somebody to have a few beers with.

Latest posts

Back