Same batch split in 2 fermenters, starter split, one going

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishslayer

Reaction score
Same batch split in 2 fermenters, starter split, one going already one still in lag time. it has been less then 24 hours so I am not overly worried. the difference is one is a bucket and one is a carboy.

Just plain weird.....

thoughts of this one? I am thinking of getting another london ale vial and just making a starter just in case.... No reason to panic yet I know, just weird....

--Brian

You can always re-pitch, there's no harm in that... This kinda happened with a Sweet baby Jesus clone i made a couple weeks ago where the primary was out of control and I had to rack 2 gallons off the top... I just waited til some of the yeast settled at the bottom and stuck my racking cane down in there an pumped some out into the 1 gallons.. Seemed to work fine.

No harm in pitching again, but you probably just put a little more yeast into one than the other unless you measured it really precisely. I bet the other one will take off soon.

Back