Sam Adams Maple Pecan Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeeAliceBrewery

Reaction score
Okay...bought a Sam Adams spring pack...and they had one of these beauties in there. Of course they do not offer it in 6 or 12 packs....anybody else try this yet? Would love to be able to create this brew at home!!

I hate 95% of their brews, and this was enjoyable. I really don't like the yeasty finish though. I guarantee you could make a better one! Take a standard porter recipe and add roasted pecans and maple syrup.

Would the roasted pecans be added to the primary...or would this be a time that a secondary would be needed?

If you enjoy this beer, I recommend Abita Pecan Harvest Ale. I wouldn't consider them similar, but if memory serves me right I got more pecan flavor from the Abita beer.

There's a thread called wild pecan porter, he puts his in the mash I have also read you can soak them in vodka and add it to secondary I am preparing to do a honey pecan brown

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back