Sam Adams Brick Red clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GravyTrain77

Reaction score
has anyone seen anything similar to sam adams brick red? It is one of few beers I really like by Sam. I think it is exclusively sold in Boston bars so it may not be super familiar.

EDIT: I do have the Midwest Irish Red fermenting right now. Maybe something could be added during secondary to get that taste?

has anyone seen anything similar to sam adams brick red? It is one of few beers I really like by Sam. I think it is exclusively sold in Boston bars so it may not be super familiar.

EDIT: I do have the Midwest Irish Red fermenting right now. Maybe something could be added during secondary to get that taste?

I just enjoyed a brick red for the first time in the White Horse Tavern in
Allston MA. I had a dogfish ale just before and was astounded at the completelydifferent hop flavor of the two. The brick red reminded me of my old homebrews with northern brewer as a flavoring hop, which is just a higher aa version of english fuggles. I would guess they are making a "red ale" with a lot of NB or Fuggles for flavoring.
Great bar by the way if you are in the area, had a great spicy burger with
blue cheese on top.
Ray

Back