Sam Adams Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to be using them. I was told by the LHBS owner that they were good to use. I think you should be okay.

Sorry I had to chime in since it looked like it was just for people from "COLUMBUS" cities. I'm in Columbus, Georgia.

As for shipping method you may want to talk to your USPS. I don't know what laws there are for shipping alcohol over state lines (if that is what you're doing).

But start first with asking them about that. Look it up on the Intertubes also. Just something to consider before shipping across state lines (if that is what you're doing).

I use Sam Adams bottles all the time. I have used the same bottles since July. The only ones that exploded happened from a soggy bottom on the case. The a/c unit leaked water on the floor and wet the bottom of the box, I picked it up and blam, 9 bottles of Sams on the wall..

I go to the liquor store and offer them 10 cents a bottle, I have never paid for one. They usually give them to me for free.

Thanks for all the replies.. Now I know all the hard work of emptying bottles hasnt been for not..
Im just going to throw this into this thread even though its a diff topic.
I did my first brew last night. It was the Bavarian Hefe from Austin Homebrew. I pitched the yeast when the wort had cooled to 83. I have absolutely no action in the fermenter. I mean ZERO. It has been about 18 hours now. When should I start worrying? It is a White Labs Hefe Yeast. I did not make a starter though. I got all the stuff for a blow off setup today but nothing is happening so I left the airlock on.

83 is a little warm to pitch yeast, get yourself a hydrometer, it is the best way to tell if it is fermenting. However, give it a day or 2 to see if you get any activity. Sometimes it can take 48-72 hours for a ferment to start. And, I'd rather be in almost any "Columbus" than this one right now, not a lot goin' on here either!

I use Sam Adams bottles without any problems.:D

vvvviolet_0301.jpg

Talley that brought a tear to my eye.. BEAUTIFUL!!

Also the wort was at 83 but it was only 2.5 gallons. I added another 2.5 of cool water which I believe would have easily brought the temp down to 70. It is nearing the 24hr mark and still no action in the primary.. Starting to get worried but the fact that I am still emptying SA bottles is helping calm my nerves.

The only bottles I have found difficult to use are wifebeater (Stella) bottles. My capper always catches on the side of the cap when I try to take it off, so its on all unevenly and whatnot. After I empty the ones I have, I'll never use them again.

Back