Saison pellicle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a floating yeast cake to me, not a pellicle at all. You're good to go, save for those bits of white-ish stuff around the edges. If it's at a stable FG, bottle it!

yea I noticed those in the picture. Fermented with WLP 565. What's there to lose now but time.

Thats just cold or hot break material leftover. Or maybe it isnt, all I do know is thats not a pellicle

Yeah, mostly just a floating yeast cake the Co2 kicked loose. But around the edges in some white broken ice pack lookin' stuff. Just a little though. If it's ready, bottle it up!

Coagulated proteins. Some grains really do that. I did a batch that looked very similar. In fact it was a saison using Czech Pils

image.jpg

It appears as if your beer is starting to gain self awareness. Any saison left in a fermenter for that long is bound to start developing a brain. If I were you, I would bottle it and start drinking it ASAP before it becomes too dangerous.

We must not become slaves to our beer. Oh, wait...

Back