s-04 for Stone IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monghetti

Reaction score
Im in the process of brewing up a Stone IPA clone. Homebrew store was out of s-05 AND out of Notty (on a holiday weekend!) Im brewing today so the liquid strains were out. I left the store without yeast thinking I had a packet of notty in the house. Well, I did not. So post boil, Ill be returning to the brew store.

I think s-04, Danstar Windsor, or Mutons are my only options. What do you think I should go for? Thanks for the help!

Yeah, given your options I would have to agree with 944play.

BTW, Never buy muntons yeast ! reuse a yeast cake before buying muntons !

(the above statement is a very biased opinion) :rockin:

Thanks guys. I should have at least picked SOMETHING up at the store just in case. The shop is only about 15 minutes away though so I should be fine. Looking forward to this brew. Surprisingly few hops in it. One oz Magnum (subbed Columbus) at 75 min, one oz Centennial at flameout, and two oz Centennial Dry Hop.

Thanks again.

I've never used Windsor or Mutons, but have heard negative reviews on the Mutons. Using s-04, will my IPA be considered english style now?

I haven't had that beer actually. Is it a seasonal thing? Im off to the beer store right after I pick up my yeast anyway....This could become an expensive outing. $1.50 for the yeast and with my lack of self control, way too much at the store!

Latest posts

Back