Roll Call: Who Does Not GAF about Game of Thrones?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know what it was, but my daughter told me that it was a TV show so that's why I never heard of it. I saw a lot about GoT on Facebook, and got curious so asked her.

Yes I couldn't care less. Everyone was going nuts about it so I tried watching made it about 2 seasons and was so bored I couldn't stand it anymore.
Unrelated but I felt the same way about Lost many years ago. Never understood the hype, so dull.

I haven't been much of an episodic tv viewer these last many years.
There's literally not one single series I follow, GoT is just one of the countless...

I used to not GAF about Game of Thrones, but then I went and watched it. If you watch it it's all over. Now I'm salivating over the next episode right along with all the other plebs.

I used to not GAF about Game of Thrones, but then I went and watched it. If you watch it it's all over. Now I'm salivating over the next episode right along with all the other plebs.
Yes see it was like the opposite with me. It felt like a slow trod , I started to dread starting the next episode lol. I'll probably catch up with it at some point but it just felt like work trying to get through the first two seasons.

Yes see it was like the opposite with me. It felt like a slow trod , I started to dread starting the next episode lol. I'll probably catch up with it at some point but it just felt like work trying to get through the first two seasons.

Yeah there's miles and miles of setup and exposition in GOT, but boy when everything starts to pay off it gets immensely gratifying.

I can't wait for this to go away. Every Monday/Tuesday I'm stuck while people in cubicles near me all discuss the latest.

I don't do appointment TV. If I ever watch GoT, it's going to be binge-watched on my schedule. When I watch TV, I watch it for my own enjoyment, not as a social aspect.

I should suggest that they just set up a weekly Monday morning meeting in a conference room so they can all geek out on GoT and stop bothering me. Perhaps it's gauche to remind them that I have work to do--while sitting in our workplace--but such is life.

I think it has Ewoks and Frodo in it and the plot has a lot to do with incest.

I think it has Ewoks and Frodo in it and the plot has a lot to do with incest.

Meh all the hobbits are probably related anyway. There weren't but like 50 of them in all of The Shire. Rampant incest going on there. GOT just makes it sexier, because who isn't turned on by a brother and sister banging on top of their dead father's corpse?

I watched seasons 1 and 2 with a group of colleagues during a long work-related training session (TDY for those who know). It became quite boring, and no matter how much it went into the bacchanalian or caligulan enticements, I came away thinking, damn Im glad I didn't waste my time reading this.

I came away thinking, damn Im glad I didn't waste my time reading this.

I thought the books were better than the tv show. The tv show plot loosely follows the books plus they have already surpassed where the last book left off. So there is a lot of artistic freedoms being taken by the show writers as opposed to the books authors point of view.

I can't wait for this to go away. Every Monday/Tuesday I'm stuck while people in cubicles near me all discuss the latest.

I don't do appointment TV. If I ever watch GoT, it's going to be binge-watched on my schedule. When I watch TV, I watch it for my own enjoyment, not as a social aspect.

I should suggest that they just set up a weekly Monday morning meeting in a conference room so they can all geek out on GoT and stop bothering me. Perhaps it's gauche to remind them that I have work to do--while sitting in our workplace--but such is life.

So... do it? I do the same thing. I don't have the patience to wait for the finale, but I do wait until the season is over. This weekend I'll download season 7. Then binge :)

And... what's a "workplace"? Does sound gauche.

So... do it? I do the same thing. I don't have the patience to wait for the finale, but I do wait until the season is over. This weekend I'll download season 7. Then binge :)

And... what's a "workplace"? Does sound gauche.

Workplace is where other people congregate to do their jobs to make money to survive on. I know it's hard to imagine.

Here's an analogy:

See that Pool Boy over there? Yeah, the one hitting on that supermodel. He gets paid a low "wage" to keep the pool from having nasty stuff floating around in it. And he also provides benefits to the supermodel, or so I hear.

So, instead of having other people make his money, he has to "earn" it. By doing things.

It's pretty awful, but listen to this!

Sometimes when I'm not sailing the yacht or flying the jet to Venice, I try to imagine what it's like.

AND, I've heard that sometimes people do work and they DON'T EVEN GET PAID FOR IT! It's called "volunteering" or something!

Latest posts

Back