Ritebrew.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beersnob16

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered beer kits from rite brew.com and if so how were they? I am looking at ordering several kits from them and am looking for some input. Thanks

I've never done one of their kits, but I get all my ingredients and most supplies from them and I've never been disappointed.

No kits here either, but I get my ingredients and hardware from Neil also - great guy to work with, quality product, and local too!

I'm not worried about the shipping time right now. I'm going to try my hand at building a two tap kegerator, so as long as I get the shipment sometime around the first o the year or shortly there after will be fine. I am curious about their kits because I found the moose drool kit for about 15-20 less than everywhere else and am wondering why.

i just did their scottish ale 60 kit today was easy and came out so far the way described says normal og is 1.031 i got 1.035 normal abv on this kit is 3.8 my readings showed 4% asthis was my first batch i dont know about finished product but ill use Ritebrew again

I'm not worried about the shipping time right now. I'm going to try my hand at building a two tap kegerator, so as long as I get the shipment sometime around the first o the year or shortly there after will be fine. I am curious about their kits because I found the moose drool kit for about 15-20 less than everywhere else and am wondering why.

I was a bit skeptical at first as well because everything was so much less expensive than any of the other online vendors and both my lhbs. But everything I've gotten has been top notch. My efficiency went up with his ingredients and all the equipment I've gotten has been the same brands and quality as everywhere else. His clone just may use more common ingredients that are less expensive than the others you're looking at.
It's a pretty small operation too so he probably has less overhead. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone but Neil there.

I wanted to throw in a plug for ritebrew.com. I ordered all my faucet parts for my keezer build from them (630SS, SS shanks & pieces). The shipping was ridiculously fast (2day fedex home delivery, came on a saturday) and was sent out the same day. All the parts were brand new as ordered and the cheapest I could find online anywhere (and I checked everywhere). Their customer service was also extremely responsive.

first it was northern brewers, then austin brew, now rite brew gets my business. they have good cheap kits and good prices on every thing. shipping is a little high to SoCal but their prices makes up for that easily.

I have been buying my ingredients there lately, and just starting to drink the beer i made with it, and the honey wheat i made is excellent. He crushes real fine, had one stuck sparge, bought myself a barley crusher. Prices are real cheap. I go pick it up and I save about $10/batch from my LHBS.

I buy as much as I can from the LHBS, but when I need to order online, it's either Northern Brewer or ritebrew.com.

If I'm buying equipment, I generally lean toward Northern Brewer, but if I need brewing supplies - especially bulk grain, or any grain for that matter - I always use ritebrew.com. I've never had a problem with either site, but ritebrew seems to be cheaper for grain and brewing supplies.

Just wanted to give another plug for RiteBrew.com

I had ordered a large laundry list of items to get my homebrew going. They answered all my questions quickly and accurately. Shipping was very fast. It took only 1 business day to get to my door.

My LHBS is a northern brewer shop. But even with shipping RiteBrew is still cheaper. And since they're in my state, I still consider it to be local.

I will be buying more from them.

I've ordered from them a couple of times and had the order shipped within a couple hours of placing it. They don't mess around. I do a lot of ordering from Northern Brewer too, but even though RiteBrew's shipping is close to twice as much (for Priority Mail or Fedex), they are almost always cheaper by a buck or two because their prices are lower. One advantage of RiteBrew is that most grains are available by the ounce or pound, so if you need 4 oz of something, you don't have to pay for a pound of it. Plus, if you do BIAB, they have the option to double crush the grains.

Back