Results! (with pictures)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flushdrew42

Reaction score
i think the beginner's forum needs a results photo thread...
because there's not a lot of traffic in the "post a picture of your pint" thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f85/new-post-picture-your-pint-285100/index21.html#post3762804

anyway. here's my porter - first brew w/ my own recipe.
it's pretty young, 10 days in bottles, but i pulled my "test" bottle just to see how things were going. head isn't very developed yet, but the taste is good, and the lacing is nice for being young.

who's next?

IMAG1940.jpg

IMAG1938.jpg

IMAG1936.jpg

IMAG1942.jpg

IMAG1945.jpg

i've got one more batch in bottles, one in secondary, and a brew day planned for sunday. i'm so freaking addicted.

Man, I wish I had a picture of my first brew in a glass, but I won't have one until another 17 days at the very least. But after than, I'll have new brews being ready every week! The pipeline is started, I'm just waiting for the first batch to be done. Until then, I'll have to live with a Rochefort 8 and the Chimay Tripel in my fridge ;)

Well, last Friday marked the two weeks in bottles. So last thurs night I put one bottle in the fridge and Friday evening i gave it a whirl.

6f800b8f.jpg

6facec84.jpg

There was a resounding pssst when i opened it which gave me a good feeling. the head wasn't too crazy, but the carbonation bubbles kept rising while the glass sat there. It smelled just like beer too! as for taste, It was still a little yeasty I think, but that might just be part of the homebrew taste. I was a big fan:tank:

I had another yesterday and it tasted similar to the first. Overall i am wicked excited! i plan to let the rest sit until next weekend and see how that goes. I may even refrigerate it a bit longer then 24 hours. Now to brew the next batch!

Good job guys! You'll notice a marked improvement if you can let 'em sit for about 3 weeks and let 'em cool for a couple of days in the fridge before you crack one open.

Cheers!

I posted this in it's own thread previously, but I love the concept of having a central place for results pics. This is my first brew - Brooklyn Brew Shop's "A Well Made Tripel" all grain after 3 weeks of ferment and one week in the bottle.
12%2B-%2B1

Congrats! Are you sure it's a porter?

Dunno if you were talking to me or not, I'm not the OP. Mine is a kolsch, but it's a bit murky due to zero wort straining. I basically just poured it carefully into the FV and decided I've live with trub. I siphoned into the bottling bucket more carefully, but it's not going to be the clearest beer for quite some time.

lookin good guys!

on the question of porter...
it's as close of a classification as i can come... maybe it's closer to a brown ale. but after plugging the recipe into my software brown porter was about the closest it came, the ibu's are a little high, but everything else is in the range.

Looks like a tasty breakfast!! That's the way to start the day... I have always thought beer was a great breakfast food.

Well, last Friday marked the two weeks in bottles. So last thurs night I put one bottle in the fridge and Friday evening i gave it a whirl.

as for taste, It was still a little yeasty I think, but that might just be part of the homebrew taste. I was a big fan:tank:

Keep them in the fridge for a week + and the yeasty flavor will probably be gone

tre9er said:
Joe, very clear beer. Congrats. Was it dry or have good feel?

It had a nice mouth feel, without being cidery. It wasn't crazy with flavor, but then again it was a pale ale. It finished nice and clean, and kept me wanting more. I have three more bottles in the fridge chilling that I'm going to try this weekend. Excited to see if there is a big taste difference.

This is my rye pale ale. It was my second brew, and was my first DRINKABLE beer. My first beer was TERRRRRIBLE. After about 15 brews this brew is still my best batch. In fact, it was insanely good. It will be hard to create a beer this good again :-(.

rye pale ale.jpg

This is the last one i had of my first beer a few months ago which was around a year old.It fit more into an amber style which oddly was my least favorate style at the time. With a 20 min boil willamette hops,probably extract that was sitting on the shelf along time, crystal 20 steeped.Now that i think of it i must have used amber malt extract maybe-could have swore i just used lightthough.The bitterness was next to nothing with a 20 min boil, and a high temp ferment made it pretty estery.I thought i made wine it seemed.With all that fruitiness. Turned out ok,very estery/fruity at first though,i was stunned at the time. Aparantly i didnt understand hop flavoring at the time and higher temp ferments.

last  full moon ale.jpg

This is my rye pale ale. It was my second brew, and was my first DRINKABLE beer. My first beer was TERRRRRIBLE. After about 15 brews this brew is still my best batch. In fact, it was insanely good. It will be hard to create a beer this good again :-(.

That's the fun of it, dude. You've got to do two things with homebrewing..

1) Keep the pipeline full. Running out of homebrew when you're used to having as much as you want readily available sucks.

2) Keep chasing the Holy Grail. Shoot for something that really, honestly, and truly knocks your socks off. You don't have to brew a "whoa!" recipe every time, but every so often you gotta shoot for the moon.

:mug:

Here is my first homebrew ever! It was an Octoberfest Vienna Lager. It came out amazing, way better then I ever expected!

6851597569_da388d3130.jpg

My very first homebrew that still holds a special place in my heart...an Irish Stout. And I don't want any **** about the frozen glass...I was a newb lol

350538252.jpg

My first brew has been in primary for a week, an American IPA. Hope it looks 1/2 as good as yours does Triage! I'm brewing a Belgian Tripel this weekend...filling the pipeline! Gotta say, the suspense is killing me... as well as having to drink store-bought.

Gotta say, the suspense is killing me... as well as having to drink store-bought.

Wife brought home Shock Top last night...gross is all I can say. A witbier that missed the mark entirely. Sweet, slightly yeasty, no bitterness or appreciable citrus to balance out the taste, no appreciable coriander despite packaging claiming it uses it as well as orange peel, not enough carb...just a bad beer.

I'm becoming a beer snob after drinking cheap (Milwaukee's Best, Busch Light) beer all my life (grew up in rural Iowa).

Who didn't grow up drinking those beers? In the US anyway. +1 on Shocktop. Had a couple after someone left them after a party...ew. Totally agree on your assessment. To each his own though, lots a people love it. I'm no fan of any fruity beers really

I'll play. The first is an APA after 2 weeks in the bottle. AHS mini-mash.

TW_APA_2_weeks.jpg

Same beer after 8 months. I think it cleared very well.

TW_APA.jpg

My Irish Red, NB Extract.

Irish_Red2.jpg

I use Irish moss in all my brews, no other finings.

I posted this in my other thread a couple hours ago, but I just had to share again.

Lake Walk Pale Ale (with some recipe changes), nine days in the bottle, the last two in the fridge:

407108_729408956767_32603605_35439242_37744028_n.jpg

Back