Removing Labels From Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been delabeling a lot of 12 ouncers lately. I put a small amount of generic oxy clean in a pint glass, a little bit of water, and the 12 ouncers slide right in. The good thing about the tight fit is that it insures that the oxy clean will come into complete contact with the label. I let it sit there for a while and forget about it (usually until the next morning) and then rinse off any residual adhesive.

I've also removed and saved many labels this way, you just have to take them out of the water as soon as they release themselves from the bottle.

If you want save water and remove labels for bottle reusage, try putting your bottles in the freezer(empty) for 1 or 2 hours. Remove them and let them sweat in a warm area of the house or garage. After they have accumalated a good amount of dew, the labels will peel right off glue and all. :)

Back