Removing bottle labels in my bottling bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandatrax

Reaction score
Newbie here. Not really thinking, I put b-bright and water in my bottling bucket and filled it with clean bottles to remove the labels overnight. Did I just mess up the bottling bucket? Do I need to go get a new one? Thanks in advance!

Nah I don't think so personally. Just rinse it out with hot water really well, or if it really makes you feel better run a little more fresh cleanser through it. I used to do that without thinking about it and I never noticed a problem.

Newbie here. Not really thinking, I put b-bright and water in my bottling bucket and filled it with clean bottles to remove the labels overnight. Did I just mess up the bottling bucket? Do I need to go get a new one? Thanks in advance!

For the record, if you put hot water in the bucket with B-Bright it doesn't take all night for the labels to come off. The labels will fall off in about 15-20 min with hot water and B-Bright.

The main thing is you don't want any scratches in the plastic bucket. I would never use a plastic fermenting or bottling bucket for utility work. Use your boil kettle instead.

Psh, I wouldn't worry about it, OP. This is exactly how I remove my labels - bottling bucket and B Brite. Never had an issue.

I use PBW,but what would concern me is the label glue getting into the spigot. Soak in clean cleaner for a couple days to make sure no glue residue builds up in there.
I use a cheap orange homer cheapo bucket with lid for such utilitarian purposes.

Back