Remember this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
th_americanband.jpg

RIP Mr. Clark.

brewingmeister said:
I don't normally like any type of terrier but when they wear aprons and pour brews...I guess I can make an exception.

Who could say no to that? :D

When I first started working (long time ago), an associate at work had one of these in his office. The two of us were working on a software project together that took lots of time and effort (eventually resulted in one of the earliest software patents in the USA post the 1981 supreme court decision that allowed SW patents on process, see: Diamond v. Diehr, 450 U.S. 175 (1981)). Anyway, other people would stop by his office to ask questions, which would interupt our work. So, whenever someone came in, I would pick up Stretch Armstrong and start to pull and twist the $%@% out of it. This worked wonders to reduce/eliminate people coming by to ask needless crap. :)

These commercials were on constantly when I was a kid, especially during The Price is Right.

1266397413_1288.jpg

Reno_eNVy said:
These commercials were on constantly when I was a kid, especially during The Price is Right.

I remember that! It's kind of like Spanish Sesame Street. My high school Spanish teacher would occasionally show us clips from that because a little kids' show does a good job of teaching basic basic Spanish words/grammar to beginner students.

i dont know how old some of you are -- or how long you've been into computers.... But you may or may not remember

158850-tw2002.jpg

or

156585-legend-of-the-red-dragon-dos-screenshot-main-menus.png

If your reputation went negative enough you could raid other outposts. Of course, James as a middle schooler fought even in all its forms: real and virtual.

Friend of mine figured out how to use an editor and gave himself several thousand fighters, tons of cash etc. Administrator of the school server threw an absolute FIT! Ha!

i dont know how old some of you are -- or how long you've been into computers.... But you may or may not remember

158850-tw2002.jpg

or

156585-legend-of-the-red-dragon-dos-screenshot-main-menus.png

158850-tw2002.jpg

OH SHT! My BIL and I would play this ALL the TIME. (Actually it was TW2000...)

We hit up the local BBS and run through our turns if we were lucky enough to get in on the one phone line the BBS had. We would excitedly upgrade the modem because every upgrade meant more chances at getting all of our turns in.

I met the brother of the SYSOP where I used to work and accused him of cheating because he was always top of the game. He laughed and said he didn't cheat, but I should see the "server" running the system.

It was a motherboard hanging by a nail on the wall of his brother's closet, with the hard drive and PSU sitting on a shelf next to it.

Later I bought the house this guy lived in and evicted him, but he became a very close friend and we still get together and play games and go backpacking etc. His brother, the SYSOP even brews beer once in a while.

Sorry to ramble, I never thought anyone else in the world played that game!

I sucked at it, BTW...

g[/IMG]

This was my first computer I had access to back in Jr.High
(if you could call it that)

teletypesystem.jpg

You used punch cards to store data, wrote programs in basic. It smelled of oil and that cheap rough brown re-cycled paper. You dropped a phone into the modem coupler and you could play some version of star trek with folks across the school district.

Those were the days... Of what a baud rate of 45?

This Was my first home computer.
timex_sinclair_1000_ad.jpg

Then when I graduated highschool I got one of these.

Oldkeyboard.jpg

That was hot **** back then.

My first cornpooper was a 286 with a FULL MB of ram. 40MB hard drive. VGA monitor (non interlaced ftw), upgraded every couple months from DOS 3.0 to DOS 4.0 to DOS whatever it was next.

Y'know what that old girl never did once? Crash.

Homercidal said:
OH SHT! My BIL and I would play this ALL the TIME. (Actually it was TW2000...)

We hit up the local BBS and run through our turns if we were lucky enough to get in on the one phone line the BBS had. We would excitedly upgrade the modem because every upgrade meant more chances at getting all of our turns in.

I met the brother of the SYSOP where I used to work and accused him of cheating because he was always top of the game. He laughed and said he didn't cheat, but I should see the "server" running the system.

It was a motherboard hanging by a nail on the wall of his brother's closet, with the hard drive and PSU sitting on a shelf next to it.

Later I bought the house this guy lived in and evicted him, but he became a very close friend and we still get together and play games and go backpacking etc. His brother, the SYSOP even brews beer once in a while.

Sorry to ramble, I never thought anyone else in the world played that game!

I sucked at it, BTW...

Are you kidding me? I played lord all the time! I was always plowing violet the barmaid. Ha!

Whooooah - that moon landing game knocked something loose in the ol' memory banks ...

Did anyone else have the powermites tool sets? Long before lawyers took the fun out of toys, these things were awesome. They could cut balsa wood, thin styrofoam and even skin. Everything really worked.

95459.jpg

95460_v1.jpg

95461.jpg

o_gkKsdAJ3DPWM8Kr.jpg

200707422043.jpg

PowermiteTablesaw.jpg

I had everything, even the Table Saw.

(I think I found my newest obsession, trying to get these pieces again.)

Did anyone else have the powermites tool sets? Long before lawyers took the fun out of toys, these things were awesome. They could cut balsa wood, thin styrofoam and even skin. Everything really worked.

95459.jpg

95460_v1.jpg

95461.jpg

o_gkKsdAJ3DPWM8Kr.jpg

200707422043.jpg

PowermiteTablesaw.jpg

I had everything, even the Table Saw.

(I think I found my newest obsession, trying to get these pieces again.)

Wow! I forgot about those! Between my brother and I, we had all of em too. Those were awesome. Right up there with the rat pack 50 cal machine gun that fired basically airsoft bullets at airsoft speed.

This Was my first home computer.
timex_sinclair_1000_ad.jpg

Had the 2680 with the cartridge deck
SplashMenu.gif

Man that thing was a hunk of Junk.
Jr Year of college I had a 486 DX250 with 4 meg Ram, 80Meg HD (Who could ever use that much disk space) and a 2 meg Video Card.

I was the only one in the Computer Science department who could run Doom Full Screen :rockin:

got into trouble playing this at my first job a few times. The mother of All Games
2319-ScorchedEarth.jpg

Oh good grief... you just beat me to it! I would stay up all night playing that thing on 386 and 486 machines. I remember attempting to play it on faster machines and it was impossible. The processor speed did something to the game to make it run so fast it was not usable anymore... LOVED S.E.

Oh good grief... you just beat me to it! I would stay up all night playing that thing on 386 and 486 machines. I remember attempting to play it on faster machines and it was impossible. The processor speed did something to the game to make it run so fast it was not usable anymore... LOVED S.E.

Just found this online http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/ 3d version of the game

I know the game graphics have gotten better but scorched earth, descent, the original prince of Persia game, the two monkeys on top of the sky scrapers with atomic bananas. Those where all the games I remembered and had so much fun playing. Those were the days man. Need to invent a homebrew to take me back in time.

I just need a 1.21 gigawatt burner to do the boil.

New York district attorney emotes to cat-face renaissance man who lives in a trash-based underground utopia.

Sometimes they bang on pipes.

"Okay good, okay fine ..."

Last edited by a moderator:
my neighbor got an atari..... I got an Intellivision
Intellivision.jpg
[/IMG]

used to play this on the shop teachers computer in high school all the time!
Tankwars-shot.jpg
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Back