Reliable supplier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpd520

Reaction score
I am brand new to brewing and think I am ready to buy some equipment. I have seen a number of posts expressing slow order/delays etc... Northern Brewer has come up often as a problem.

What vendor would you all currently recommend for equipment and supply purchases. I'm anxious to get started and don't want to deal with delays and hassles.

Can't go wrong with Brew Hardware. As the name implies, great source for hardware. I also like the system for ordering grains. They can put your grain bill together in a batch, and you can order down to the ounce (only paying for what you need), and at a good price. They ship fast. You need a big order to get free shipping, but their prices plus shipping I have found to be competitive with the big guys when you get to the bottom of the invoice.

Don't forget to look for a homebrew store near you too. They will have stuff that will get you out of a jam as well as valuable feedback (most of the time) and knowledge. And of its anything like the LHBS by me, a small brewery too. Sometimes a homebrew club meets up there too, try to join one if you can.

I would use Morebeer. Very reliable. I bought from the aforementioned companies for years and just made the switch a couple months ago. Very pleased.

If you are talking equipment, I would have gone to Craigslist if I knew then what I know now. Lots of folks getting rid of quality stuff for cheap as they have either given up, or decided it was not worth the hassle. For ingredients, I use Morebeer as there is a showroom about 45 mins from me and I can have it all shipped for free there and pick it up. Or buy the ingredients there when I just get a wild hair to brew. Either way, that is really the only game near me unless I want to go into SF, and I hate that dirty smelly city. LOL. Rock on!!!!!!

I am brand new to brewing and think I am ready to buy some equipment. I have seen a number of posts expressing slow order/delays etc... Northern Brewer has come up often as a problem.

What vendor would you all currently recommend for equipment and supply purchases. I'm anxious to get started and don't want to deal with delays and hassles.
You can't go wrong with Morebeer.com

BrewHardware is a great place with lots of hardware needs. Another place with less to pick from, but great prices is Bargain Fittings.
RiteBrew is my go to spot, it's just a short drive from me. Not as much hardware but their ingredient selection/prices are great and talking to Neal is always enjoyable.
I wouldn't spend a cent on MoreBeer - got a huge runaround with them when I pre-ordered and pre-paid for a kegerator that I never got.

I have used 7 different online suppliers, 5 this year alone. I think that RiteBrew has the best prices on ingredients, however they have a somewhat limited selection. They do sell specialty grains by the ounce, which is a big deal to me, as does BrewHardware. BrewHardware has very competitive pricing and was less than $3 more expensive than RiteBrew both times I ordered from them, but they had ingredients that RiteBrew didn’t. MoreBeer has fantastic customer service and a great selection but are priced a bit higher and don’t sell grains by the ounce.

Last edited:
Back