Release the hounds....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.n.budz

Reaction score
Got her from a pound. I'm naming her Willie, after my favorite BBQ restaraunt Uncle Willie's. She's some kind of beagle/english setter mix. First thing she did when I got her home tonight was take whiz on my living room rug. El Gato isn't quite sure what to think yet...

willie.jpg

Good lookin' dog! :mug:

Kudos on the pound thing. I'm not a zealot on it, but if it's an option, by all means get one if you can.

Ize

We adopted our pitbul a year ago from the animal shelter in Austin....everyone is afraid of her but she's the sweetest dog ever

Our other dog found us about 6mo ago she's a cutie but we've got no idea what kinda dog she is.....we've asked 2 vets with no luck.....doesn't matter though...she's cute

Great looking dog!

We adopted out beast from a shelter, too. He blessed our house with a HUGE pile of liquid poo very soon after coming home (he had some kind of bug). MAN, I wish he would get along with the cats, instead of lusting after them like they are some kind of feline bacon.

the_bird said:
Great looking dog!

We adopted out beast from a shelter, too. He blessed our house with a HUGE pile of liquid poo very soon after coming home (he had some kind of bug). MAN, I wish he would get along with the cats, instead of lusting after them like they are some kind of feline bacon.

MmmmMmm...feline bacon....garrrlrlll...

My wife (who bought the dog before she was my wife) refused to crate train. Since we've owned the dog, she's destroyed several sets of carpet, rugs, etc.

Cheesefood said:
MmmmMmm...feline bacon....garrrlrlll...

My wife (who bought the dog before she was my wife) refused to crate train. Since we've owned the dog, she's destroyed several sets of carpet, rugs, etc.

She needs to do some reading. Dogs LIKE their crates. They're den animals, they like being in dark, closed environments. Troy used to race into his crate when it was bedtime (of course, he knew he was getting a piece of cheese when he did ;)).

Yup, crating them is the only way. Been around dogs all my life. Growing up, my parents never crated. Actually thought it was "cruel".

Being a homeowner for 15 years and wanting dogs, started educating myself a bit more and learned about the "den."

Have done it with all my dogs. They love their dens and are kenneled up when no one is home. When we get home and let them out, we leave their doors open. Often times, the dogs retreat back to their "den" even when they have the option of not being there.

BTW...nice looking pup in the pic!

loop

Yeah, my pup enjoyed her crate. Long after we stopped closing her in there while we were out, she'd voluntarily seek it during the day. She found it especially helpful to her when there were a lot of people around. That was her "safe spot" for alone time, and she was un-perturbable while in there.

The pound/shelter that I got her from imports dogs from kill shelters around the country, this one came from a place in West Virginia. This morning before I left for work all I had to do was point at her crate and say "go" and she went right in. Finally a female that listens to me when I say something:D

Back