Regulator setup help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryaned82

Reaction score
Okay, I'm done trying to look through the old posts for info to double check what I am preparing to buy is what I NEED. Too many damn wannabe scientists on here!

Here's simple for you: I have one Corny keg, soon to be TWO corny kegs after I receive this regulator in mail and immediately start force carbing my batch currently fermenting. So, eventually I'll have two corny's in a dedicated refrigerator in my garage with a 5# Co2 tank feeding into this dual primary double product regulator. Smooth sailing, cheers and beers from here on out right?

corny regulator.jpg

That's the same style regulator I have...great for keeping beers at 2 different pressures. Enjoy!

Looking even better for $55 brand new, mailed to my door? From what I've been looking at the last week here its cheapest I've found without looking a little suspect.

Kaz - When you are just using ONE of the regulators for a product how do you keep the other regulator from spewing co2? One guy told me to get a 1/4" flare cap and screw it on. Is that what you do with yours? I thought all I would have to do is screw it all the way in but gas still comes out. HELP!

@Ryan...my setup like that is from Keg Connection. Each output actually has a shut off valve after the regulator, that lets me turn either one on or off depending on if I'm using it. Here's a link to mine...you can see the valves on either regulator...you would probably want to find something like that, easier than having to deal with a cap..

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=128

hmmm...I'll have to see if I can find some type of valve I can put in place of those bibs then. Until then I may have to try the cap. I guess it probably has identical effect though of the valve. Maybe higher chance of gas escaping from the cap though.

Back