red ale not quite there!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badbeer

Reaction score
hello my friends, I just finished bottling my oktoberfest and went over to look at my 2nd beer, an irish red! The og was 1.052 and after 15 days in the primary at 68deg. the gravity was 1.017, just a bit high of the mark of between 1.012- 1.014 I used WL004 Irish ale yeast with a 3 cup starter and was wondering if I should let it sit for another week to finish up or is it pretty much done and just bottle when I can?? The beer still looked pretty cloudy but I thought that you could bottle ale's after a week or so after the primary ferm stops, but I quess it might still need more time. The temp was about 68 deg all the time so I was wondering, primary EVERYTHING for at least 3 weeks, then bottle??? That might be my next plan of action!!
Thanks for your help and thoughts!!!!
BADBEER

I forgot to mention I airated my wort with a degasser wand and a power drill(tons of airation!!!!)

Back