Recommendations for self-closing flow control forward sealing faucets/taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suicid

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Please give me your recommendations for subj?
Any good?

must be at the same time
a)self-closing
b)flow control
c)forward sealing

Thanks in advance!

I don't think perlicks have a self-closing feature available.

Intertap has exactly what you're looking for. You need to use their shank and the optional self-closing spring. Check it out on morebeer.com or elsewhere.

I've seen members here use the intertap spring on their perlicks, but it was the 525ss and not the flow control models (e.g., 650ss).

Thanks guys for your replies

Indeed neither 650SS nor even 690SS have self-closing...

Unfortunately Intertap has self closing feature/spring for everything but their FC models. It is explicitly stated everywhere that spring is not compatible with FC both Gen1 and Gen2 :(

So question still :)

If you look at the compensators on the FC Perlicks and FC Intertaps there's no way a spring at the shank end is going to close those faucets...

$_57.PNG

Anyway...until someone demonstrates a good pour of a ~3.5 volume brew (Hefeweizen, saison, biere de garde, biere brut, witbier, tripel, Belgian - whichever) using short lines I'll remain unconvinced that FC faucets make sense...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back