Rebel Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
getting ready to upgrade to their rebel mill, has anybody used it? Would like some feedback.

I have one, but I've only used it once. It's very solidly constructed, easy to use, and crushed very well the one time I have had a chance to use it. The stainless steel all over is a great bonus, if you ask me, as I can store it in my basement for the next 30+ years without worrying about rust, and I'm sure it would help if I ever decide to start conditioning my malt before I grind.

The only thing I could criticize abut the mill is that the welding on the hopper could have been a bit cleaner on the inside. As it is, there is a gap between the walls, and some grains seem to get stuck in there. Still, if that's the worst criticism I can make about the thing, I'd say it's evidence this is a quality product. I'm very glad I got mine, and I think it's a very good value for what they're asking.

I just wanted to drop a quick line of thanks to Rebel Brewer for being a hell of a vendor!! Always ship fast, always ship the right thing and always take care of the customer! Couldn't be happier with using them for our microbrewery needs!! :rockin:

Thanks again Tyler and Tom!

Salty Nut Brewery, LLC

Agreed. They had the best prices on kettles (10.5 gal polarware economy). Fast shipping, great prices, everything in stock. Awesome vendor, I'll definitely be buying from them again.

For those who order grain from them, how's the crush?

I'd like to second this. I ordered 1# of grain and some hops on Thursday last week. It shipped in 41 minutes (yes, 41) and I had it Saturday. Couldn't be happier.

I've also heard that if you email them your recipe, they will put it all in on bag and do fractional amounts, much like BMW and Austin.

Just another note on Rebel service. I am local to them and they bend over backwards to help you out. Tyler let me borrow a keg from the shop to test fit it in a kegerator I found on craigslist. He also replaced my regulator gauges on the spot (royal pain in the ass to do) which included him Dremel cutting one open to get a wrench on it. I have a HBS store that I will drive right by to go the extra 10 miles it takes me to get to Rebel.

Another local shopper here. The first time I went into rebel brewer I spent about $700. The first person I talked to was the owner and he was a great help! Answered all my questions and definitely knew his stuff. Then, after ordering everything with him, Tyler took me on a tour of the facility to show just how much stuff they had. It was incredible! After the tour he told my wife and I they were actually moving to an even larger warehouse across the street. Definitely have my business and not just because they are local. On top of all that they sell a solid grain mill that tops the barely crusher easily. Very solid company and very proud to have them in Nashville!

Add one more local shopper. I'm still very new to home brewing, so I have lots of questions. I have been to there facility 4 times now and spent well over an hour there picking their brains each time. They have been extremely helpful and never gave an impression that I was in their way.

There is a lot that I like about actually going there and not being limited to online shopping- I have had my order packaged to the recipe (hops for dry hopping packaged separately, half pound grains crushed and packaged separately from the rest of the order, etc).

I have only used one other shop in Nashville, but only if I needed something small and just needed to stop by on my way home from work. Rebel Brew gets the vast majority of my business.

"Rebel Brewer, this is Tyler" (in a friendly Southern drawl)

...Anyone ever get Tyler upon calling in? I don't know what it is, but his voice just sticks with me.

Great company for sure. Love those guys.

I have only ordered from then once, last week. The service was outstanding. I fell to them after NB, William's, and Austin all failed to have the full list of items I needed for my next brew. RB had it all, and great service to boot.

Their shipping speed was also much faster than NB, including transit time, for me in Ohio.

RE flat rate shipping ... it's nice, but you're paying for it anyhow. The shipper is still paying the same amount to UPS/FedEx no matter what they charge you. So the homebrew shop has to work that cost into their whole product line so they don't lose their butts. I'd rather pay "real prices" for everything, even though it does sting to see that much money go into shipping.

I love them. WHY CANT THEY HAVE FLATRATE SHIPPINGGGGG?!?! It would be the only homebrew store I order from if they did.

Rebel is my #1 supplier, mostly because I'm fortunate enough to live close enough to them to pick up my stuff in the store. That, and I use less than $10 of fuel to do so!:rockin:

:mug:

"Rebel Brewer, this is Tyler" (in a friendly Southern drawl)

...Anyone ever get Tyler upon calling in? I don't know what it is, but his voice just sticks with me.

Tyler is awesome. When I placed my first order with them, he noticed my address was a few blocks from where he lived. He gave me a call told me he could give me a credit for the shipping fee and I could pick up my stuff at his house when he got home. Grade A customer service IMO.

The guys at Rebel are great! Luckily, I live within driving distance and they are always friendly and more than willing to answer any questions and help out. Awesome prices, fresh ingredients and great customer service, I'll definitely remain a repeat customer!

I put together a small order from Rebel Brewer http://www.rebelbrewer.com last night for some hops and a little bit of specialty malts. The shipping wasn't very much because the order wasn't big.

Right after finishing the order I realized some other ingredients I completely forgot about for a hefeweizen I wanted to make for some friends. It isn't an all grain batch so the majority of the order was 7lbs of wheat DME. I included a note in the order to combine this second order with the first so I wouldn't have to pay for two separate shipping costs. On this second order I didn't have it shipped (listed it as pick up in store). I let them know I'd be calling to settle up on the charges since the combined order will cost more to ship.

My guess is that the 7lbs of DME would cost more than the shipping charge of $13 that I had on my smaller first order. When I called RebelBrewer they told me not to worry about it!!!! They would combine the two orders and not charge anything extra for shipping. What? This is crazy. I could maybe understand it if I had already paid shipping for the heavier part of the order and they were just throwing in a pound or so of specialty grains but its the opposite-- they basically are shipping 7lbs of DME to me for free.

All I can say is "Wow" what an incredible group down there at Rebel! I had to come to the company reviews section and give them some praise!

They definitely have proven to me that they'll go above and beyond to make a customer happy. Thanks again Rebel Brewer!
-PaulP

I pretty much buy from them exclusively now.. I can order at 3pm and get it second day.. The shipping is reasonable too. My only complaint is that sometimes they are out of stock on some grains and hops.

I've had the same experience with Rebel Brewer. They're great guys and they concentrate heavily on customer service. Definitely a case of common sense dictating policy and not the other way around. Great job!:mug:

I might order one of those ugly 70's baseball shirts next time...

Sent an email last night asking about 29 mm bell because I couldn't find it online. Got one back less than 12 hrs later. They added the item and sent me the link.

Good to hear!!! I sent them an Email question this morning, still waiting on a responce.

OK, Rebel Brewer is pretty awesome!
I emailed them with a shipping question, Tyler responded back in a few hours with a full and complete answer. I thanked him and got a responce to that email as well, saying if I had any other questions I could call and talk to him.

I'll go ahead and say that Rebel is the best online shop I've ever used. Standard shipping is at my door in ~2-3 from order. They have the lowest prices on most things. Prompt communication. I have ordered quite a bit of stuff from obscure sanke fittings to kettles and they always have what I need in stock. Its mostly the quick shipping and fast communication that makes them #1 for me.

I consistently use Rebel despite having other options here in GA. They are easily the cheapest (even with *real* shipping costs) from TN to GA unless I want to go pick it up myself locally (have you heard of Atlanta traffic?!?) and they ship the same day with few exceptions. My last order, I included a note to PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE ship the same day if possible so I would get it the next day and could brew the next day after that. I didn't receive a shipping notification that day, which lowered their same-day ship percentage from over 90% to slightly below 85% (I made those numbers up). And then the next day I received a notification from FedEx that my order was on the truck and it should be delivered by the end of the day. That "end of the day" was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving btw. Their system just failed to notify me that it shipped for whatever reason.

Can't endorse these guys enough and they are my go-to homebrew shop whenever possible.

...and they ship the same day with few exceptions. My last order, I included a note to PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE ship the same day if possible so I would get it the next day and could brew the next day after that. I didn't receive a shipping notification that day. That "end of the day" was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving btw. Their system just failed to notify me that it shipped for whatever reason.

Can't endorse these guys enough and they are my go-to homebrew shop whenever possible.

It's an issue with both FedEx & UPS. Those guys are so big that I regularly receive items from nearly everyone, not just RB, ~1 state away before I get the shipping notice. It's a computer issue with the shippers and not RB's fault. :mug:

My only online brewing supply order I made was through Rebel Brewer. I was very happy with everthing except one small thing. I emailed them afterwards to let them know. They were appologetic and explained why they couldn't accomodate my request.
I would have appreciated a phone call though. A phone call saying they couldn't do it would have fixed everything.

I've been a customer of Rebel Brewer for a while. When I order from them I usually have the order at my door in about 3-4 days. I've only had one mistake that was made in an order, which was quickly fixed, well beyond what was required of them.

Kudos to Rebel Brewer for a company who does the right thing...i ordered universal poppets and keg o-ring kit, they were out of the o-rings, i was told immediately, and the poppets were sent separately, it turned out the o-rings came too, but was one short, a new one was sent out immediately and another one sent for good vibes...i will be ordering all of my supplies from my LBHS and Rebel Brewer from now on!!

it is rare to find companies that do the right thing for its customers...rock on!

First time ordering yesterday, my order was fulfilled and on a truck within 6 hours after my order was place. It will be at my door tomorrow. Very impressed with the shipping service. I think this may be my go to from now on. If only they sold crystal malts in ounce %'s. Other than that they get my vote.

Rebel is semi local to me so I do 90% of my shopping there. I have yet to find a better online Homebrew Shop when it comes to customer service, fast order fulfillment, and fair pricing. I have probably completed 20+ orders with them and they take care of me right every time.

Just made my first order from Rebel Brewer. They are now my goto online HBS, after another southern online HBS lost my business. I ordered stuff for an Irish Red and a Better Bottle late sunday night. Come tuesday morning, my package had arrived. I do live within 3 - 4 hours of Rebel Brewer, so that helped the delivery speed. Everything was packaged VERY well. They do not have flat shipping, BUT with the all of the other good things going for them, I don't mind paying a little more for shipping.

These guys have been great for the last 3 orders I have received from them.:rockin:

The first time,I had ordered a portable CO2 system to bring to a Bluegrass Festival. After waiting on that order from another company, I found out that it would not arrive in time. I placed the order with Rebel Brewer with 2 day shipping so I could get it on time. When I called to find out the status, they told me that based on where I live, the two day shipping would get it there a day later, so they changed it to regular shipping and credited the difference back to me. Yup, my order arrived a day earlier than I needed, it was complete and well packaged!

My next order had about 50lbs of different grains for 3 recipes. I placed the order online on a Sunday, it shipped Monday, I received it Wednesday and it was well packaged, all of the separate bags of grains were labelled and it was all in great shape.

I just placed my 3rd order and another fast turn around. Since it costs me more for gas to get to my closest local brew store, I will keep ordering from Rebel Brewer. Next time I am up in Nashville on business, I will stop in and say thanks in person. These folks are great and I am happy to have found an excellent source of grains! Great selection!

Between Sandy and the winter, I hadn't brewed much, and wasn't on the forums as often as well. I'm glad to see that the reviews are still positive here for RB.

I've used almost all of the major online Homebrew Shops and have had small to not so small issues with all of them. Nature of the beast - growth is tough.

I began using Rebel Brewer about 6 months ago because they had the lowest shipping cost when I purchased my Blichmann TopTier and I have to say I've had nothing but positive interactions with them.

Their selection is great. Their prices are competitive. The don't gouge you on shipping and their turnaround is fantastic.

Case in point. I needed new Natural Gas Orifices for my brewstand in a hurry. I placed an order with another East Coast based online homebrewshop (because they were closest to NY) and paid for 2-day shipping (to get it quickly). Three days after I placed my order and my credit card was charged, I received an email stating that they did not have the orifices in stock and I would need to wait while they ordered them. I cancelled the order and figured I was out of luck.

Since Rebel Brewers had been so good about processing time in the past, I called them to see if the had the orifices I needed in stock. They did. I then asked them if they could process my order that day and then overnight them to me (I was resigned to having to pay the $45 in shipping). The rep at Rebel Brewer asked me where I lived and then checked their shipping for me. He then told me that he would get my order in the mail for me immediately and that their normal shipping would get to me in two days. No need to pay for 2nd Day or Overnight shipping.

Sure enough, two days later I have my orifices in hand for an insanely reasonable $2.42 in shipping cost.

Rebel Brewer rocks. They are my new online homebrew shop.

Another Kudos for Rebel Brewer... Ordered lots of yeast and malt on a Monday and the order arrived at my door on Tuesday, TN to FL shipping, got to love that stuff.

Thanks again RB

Old thread, I know, but I wanted to add to the Rebel Brewer love. I'm fortunate enough to work at a homebrew shop, but even we don't always carry everything I'm looking for. When I order online, I've been nothing but happy with RB. From off-the wall specialty grains (floor-malted bohemian pilsner FTW!) to hard to find hops, if I order online I always try to go with Rebel.

Reviving a thread, and maybe unnecessarily, but I did want to give another positive rating for Rebel Brewer. Their selection is very good (in particular the malt selection is excellent) and the shipping is very fast. I live in VA, and I receive shipment in two days. Orders have always been accurate and the quality is good. Pricing is very competitive and shipping charges are reasonable. I appreciate that you pay for the product and the shipping separate, rather than a flat rate shipping charge.

I have ordered several times from RB. Never had an issue.

Until, I ordered their Grain of Thrones all-grain Barley wine kit (cause Im a huge GoT fan and hell, why not). I get everything in good amount of time. Open everything up and brew it that weekend with a few friends. I didnt use beersmith or brewersfriend at the time because the instructions were all printed on each packet of ingredients (ie grain bag says to steep for 60min at 152, hop pack says add at 90min, etc). We get done with the heavy lifting, wort is cooling to pitch temp and I take a moment to enter all the ingredients, times, etc into beersmith.

The RB site says 80-85ibu. I get 115ibu from beersmith and 122ibu from brewersfriend. So, I emailed RB using their contact link. No answer now for about 2 weeks. Tasted the barley wine and its extremely bitter. I know I should have run the numbers before brewing but, it was all packaged just to dump in and I would figure that their formulated recipe would be correct. Gonna have to see if maybe some of the bitterness will age out. :(

Back