Ready to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeeIPA

Reaction score
It has been 15 days since I brewed this Belgian IPA and for 2 days now I have gotten the same gravity reading of 1.021. The recipe says a final gravity reading of 1.010-1.015 should be expected but 5 days ago I got a reading of 1.030 so it has gone down since and seeming to level out. Any suggestions would be helpful. Just don't wanna have exploding bottles. Lol

If you have a reading of 1.021 for three consecutive days, it's either done or stuck.

Stuck meaning the yeast has gone dormant? Also if bottled now would I possibly have exploding bottles? Don't want to clean up that mess.

The sticker thermometer has been at 70-72 pretty much the whole time. Doesn't get too cold in San Diego

This was my reading at 70-72 degrees

image-2205720645.jpg

give your fermentor a light swirl to stir up the trub and place in a warmer location. 73-75. wait another week and check the gravity. if it is still not down to what you are hoping for and has remained constant for three days. Bottle it.

did u take into consideration that your hydrometer might be calibrated to read accurately at 60F so when u take a reading on your hydrometer if the fluid isnt the right temp ur going to need to do some calculations. there are calculators online look for "brix"calculator or specific gravity calculator. or invest in a refractometer from some of the find vendors on this side (brewhardware.com) they are automatic temperature adjust and you use much less wort then u do filling up hydro tube. refrac only needs a drop! if u still get same reading probaly stuck fermentation.

Back