rdwhahb and use the search function

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmorris1

Reaction score
Just a quick note.

Bottled my Kolsch (WLP 029) tonight, had lots of floating "stuff" that I assumed was yeast, but since I haven't had an infection yet I'm not sure what I would expect to see... That being said, I was still worried, since this batch smelled different (I haven't done a "light beer" yet). Did a quick search on this yeast here, and I was quite relieved. Also did a taste test on the latest hydrometer sample which tasted great, but didn't smell like my other higher gravity smells (didn't have the usual alcohol/CO2 burn).

Anyway, this is my 10th or so all grain batch, after several extract brews, and the first of my lower gravity brews, and I'll admit it threw me a bit, but a quick check here alleviated all my concerns!

and in case anyone is wondering, Revvy rocks!!!! bottling is so much better after reading his tips!!!! Trust me...

Back