Raspberry puree

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tclary2

Reaction score
Going to add raspberry puree to my amber ale....putting in secondary but not sure how much to add or for how long. Suggestions?

My opinion is to add one can of 49 oz of raspberry puree for a 5 gallon batch and taste it after fermentation. You can always add more if needed.
A rule of thumb is 1-2 pound of fruit per gallon. I think 2 cans you will have a In your face fruit flavor.

I'd say a 7 to 10 days in secondary and make shure fermentation is done.

happy brewing

I make a raspberry wheat and I add one 49 oz can of Vintner's Reserve Raspberry Purée to a 5 gallon batch and it is just the right amount for me. It gives a nice tart raspberry flavor without being overpowering or too sweet.

I add mine to the secondary and then rack the beer on top and let sit for 10-14 days.

One can should be fine. If possible add some pectin enzyme to help the beer clear faster. I did not and a long cold storage is getting it clearer but its still not crystal clear. Nice raspberry flavor. I would use the fruit puree products again. Good stuff.

Back