Raspberry melomel plus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shine0n

Reaction score
I've just started another raspberry melomel and am thinking of adding another ingredient to compliment the berries.
Mint
vanilla
Those are the two that come first to mind and just was wondering if any others have tried mixed combos with raspberries.

Ingredients are
11 lb clover honey
6lb frozen raspberries
yeast nutes today and every other day for the next 4 days. Fermaid o
2 packs 71B rehydraded

I'd like to introduce the other ingredient(s) in secondary along with another 6lb raspberries.

I have fresh mint but would have to go buy the vanilla beans which wouldn't be a problem but for 2 beans at the brew shop is 15 bucks and that's high to me but not undoable.

Any thoughts about what would compliment the berries would be greatly appreciated.

B

I've been looking extensively for a combo, I haven't seen one yet that catches my eye and now I'm just going to keep it as is I suppose unless something is found or mentioned.
I've made the raspberry 3 times now and we love it and it always goes quick once finished and I'd like to add a nice finishing touch.
Anyone who is a mixologist please chime in while I do some more research.
I'd like to add at the end of primary Orr the beginning of secondary if that helps.
Thanks

Back