Rant: People Who Walk Around Whistling/Humming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
So a couple weeks ago, it was the stinky MF'ers. Well, for our rant this week, it's doofuses that have some kind of horrible brain disease that prevents them from being able to stop whistling and/or humming everywhere they go.

There's some old dude walking around our store right now picking out wines. I heard him whistling from across the parking lot as he walked over from his car...I can hardly hear the roar of traffic, but I could easily hear his whistling. Now he's milling about the store whistling and humming like it was his goddamned job. I mean, I'm serious, the only time he has stopped whistling was when he stopped to say something. And not just regular old "keep to myself" whistling...I'm talking, hardcore, loud, flamboyant, "hey look at me, I'm so special, I can push air through my pursed lips to make noise" kinda whistling.

And the worst part, the worst part, is that I got Hendrix's Blues album singing through the speakers in here right now...and it's like it's not even on. I could MAYBE understand if he was whistling/humming along with Jimi...but no, just some random, rambling, non-tune, completely out of sync to the tunes pumping on the stereo.

What is wrong with these people? I don't care how cheerful you are---personally, I'm really happy today, dispite this bitter-sounding rant---but you don't see me singing the fuggin sound of music in the grocery store, DO YOU? Nope. Do people really not realize how annoying they are to everyone around them?

/rant

I hate that crap also..
I have to share my rant for the month.... I go biking at this park ever morning, there is a nice 14 mile paved trail, signs ever so often that clearly say stay on the right unless passing, but yet some people feel the need to walk 3 wide on the trail. I am constantly having to yell at people to move over so I can get by. Two days ago I almost took a guy out when I was going around a corner at 20 MPH because he was walking in the left lane.. Are people this stupid??

Ryanh1801 said:
Two days ago I almost took a guy out when I was going around a corner at 20 MPH because he was walking in the left lane.. Are people this stupid??

Maybe he's British? ;)

I agree, that's an annoying case. Even worse is when you are riding towards them, they clearly see you, and just decide to ignore you, especially when there's 2 feet of snow piled up next to the walkway and of course, it's easy to just bike through the snow...

Charbucks said:
Maybe he's British? ;)

I agree, that's an annoying case. Even worse is when you are riding towards them, they clearly see you, and just decide to ignore you, especially when there's 2 feet of snow piled up next to the walkway and of course, it's easy to just bike through the snow...

Idiots do that crap at the track in my gym. These middle aged housewives walk slowly around the thing 3 wide taking up the whole thing, chatting it up like it's The View or some sh*t...and every time I lap them, I have to either shuffle my feet really loudly or yell at them.

And then there are the tards who can't read the directional signs, and run the wrong way...and even when they see someone running the opposite direction, they don't stop to see if maybe they are doing something wrong. :drunk:

Hey, how did we get onto this...? :p Just kidding...a rant is a rant. :rockin:

Ryanh1801 said:
Are people this stupid??

Yes they are, and they will never stop amazing you with their stupidity and lack of common sense. It really has no limit.

Evan! said:
It's like Randal said, this job'd be great if it weren't for the customers...;)

Great movie!

Evan, you need a on your shoulder while you're checking out this site for relaxation.

:fro:

Last edited by a moderator:
I constantly whistle the Tales from the Crypt theme song. I hope it infuriates people.

Sometimes I catch myself talking to myself. I don't think it annoys people as much as it creeps them out.

I'm guilty of whistling in public. I can't help it, sometimes I'm just in a great mood and feel like whistling. Especially at a liquor store, that's one of the happiest places on earth!

Beerrific said:
Sometimes I catch myself talking to myself. I don't think it annoys people as much as it creeps them out.

I am cool with people talking to themselves, its when they start arguing with themselves that I become worried.

My dad has a habit of whistling Jingle Bells all the time, no matter what time of year it is.

Buford said:
My dad has a habit of whistling Jingle Bells all the time, no matter what time of year it is.

That would get old... quick.

I am quite a hypocrite on the matter. I hate when other people are whistling out of tune, or just some stupid song I don't want to hear. But when I'm in a super cheerful mode, say, I just got laid and am now picking up chinese food or something like that, I'll whistle and not give a rat's ass who's annoyed! :mug:

For "The Person Who Most Needs To Relax And Have A Homebrew!"

Seriously, I could *almost* understand the "Stinky MF's" rant (except for the fact that it was 100° and 120% humidity in VA at the time of your rant), but bitchin' about people who are happy, have a song in their step?

What the hell? ;)

What's missing from your life, bro, that you can't appreciate the joys and pleasures of living? Why aren't you happy? You're too young to be a curmudeon...

Do you need to get laid? ;) :D

the_bird said:
For "The Person Who Most Needs To Relax And Have A Homebrew!"

Seriously, I could *almost* understand the "Stinky MF's" rant (except for the fact that it was 100° and 120% humidity in VA at the time of your rant), but bitchin' about people who are happy, have a song in their step?

What the hell? ;)

What's missing from your life, bro, that you can't appreciate the joys and pleasures of living? Why aren't you happy? You're too young to be a curmudeon...

Nothing's missing, dude...I'm perfectly happy. I guess you had to be there. I'm not begrudging anyone for being happy or having a song in their step...but this guy...well...like I said, I suppose you had to be there. There's a big difference between whistling/humming to yourself because you're happy and screwing up my sweet Hendrix jive with an obnoxious howl.

I don't see anything inconsistent about being happy and getting annoyed by someone's rudeness (and if ruining a Hendrix jive isn't rude, I dunno what is). I guess it's just the positive connotations that go along with whistling...oh, he's whistling, he must be happy. Except this guy didn't seem very happy to me. He just seemed to be whistling from of a nervous tick.

Oh, and if anything, I need to get laid less. :ban:

Ryanh1801 said:
I hate that crap also..
I have to share my rant for the month.... I go biking at this park ever morning, there is a nice 14 mile paved trail, signs ever so often that clearly say stay on the right unless passing, but yet some people feel the need to walk 3 wide on the trail. I am constantly having to yell at people to move over so I can get by. Two days ago I almost took a guy out when I was going around a corner at 20 MPH because he was walking in the left lane.. Are people this stupid??

What the stupid left-lane walker is posting on some other forum, somewhere:
"So I'm just walking down the path, and all the sudden this maniac comes flying around the corner on his bike, doing like 25 mph...I had to dive out of the way to keep from killing both of us. I mean, there's a posted 15 mph limit, and this guy's doing 20+ around a blind corner. WTF?"

I'm just sayin. ;)

When I hear people use the phrase "It is what it is" it makes me want to smash their face into a desk 75-80 times.

I'm with you on the whistling. I work in a library. People do that a lot. Of course, libraries aren't quiet anymore anyway.

The stuff about bike lanes and pedestrian reminds me of people not using their turn signals. I think people just really feel that it takes too much energy to press down on a stick with their pinky.

repomancommiechristian.jpg

Bud: Look at 'em, ordinary ****ing people, I hate 'em.

Cheesefood said:
When I hear people use the phrase "It is what it is" it makes me want to smash their face into a desk 75-80 times.

Yeah, that's definitely a good face-smashing phrase. Of course it is what it is. What else would it be, other than what it is?

Bike N Brew said:
Maybe lengthen it a little:

<rant>

Other people

</rant>

I mean, none of us ever does anything annoying, right? :D

I dunno...maybe Evan even rants on his self every so often too. I was thinking it might work better if it were:

<rant>

Everything

</rant>

:)

brewt00l said:
just shorten and repost:

<rant>

people

</rant>

;)

Sheeeeeeit. I love people. People are great. Except when they do stupid/inconsiderate sh*t. Then, well...I think Cheesefood said it best. For instance, I've got nothing but love for the people with whom I'm sharing the road. I'm considerate, mindful of other drivers, I use my blinker, etc. But there's this two-lane road (with no passing zones anywhere) that I use all the time, which goes between my house and the main strip through town. The speed limit on said road is 35mph. But it seems that, no matter what time of day or day of the week I'm driving on that road, there's always someone going 20-25mph, with a big ol' caravan of cars backed up behind them.

It's not "people" or even "other people", it's "inconsiderate, stupid people" that are earn the ire of my rants. :p

brewt00l said:
I dunno...maybe Evan even rants on his self every so often too. I was thinking it might work better if it were:

<rant>

Everything

</rant>

:)

Oh, you should hear the crap I talk about myself when nobody's around.

the_bird said:

Most definitely. Can't speak Evan, though...

Evan! said:
Oh, and if anything, I need to get laid less.

Evan is losing it for sure. I've never met a sane man who was capable of saying the words "I need to get laid less."

pldoolittle said:
Evan is losing it for sure. I've never met a sane man who was capable of saying the words "I need to get laid less."

:D

It's not really for my sake; SWMBO's been complaining about back problems since Saturday night. ;)

We have this guy at work, in his 40s I would guess. Weird F-er! Constantly walking around humming, whistling, or clearing his throat so loud everyone in the whole office can hear him. I work in a cubi-cage environment so sound travels pretty good, but this dood hums\sings his classical music all damn day long!

Even on the crapper! He sits there humming and tapping his feet like he's writing the world's next symphonic masterpiece!

He's almost as bad as the lady who laughs like Sponge Bob...

He did title the thread "RANT." Seems to be a suitable place for his rantings.

Evan! said:
It's not "people" or even "other people", it's "inconsiderate, stupid people" that are earn the ire of my rants. :p

Truer words cannot be spoken:mug:

I pulled up to a drive through ATM the other day. The car that was at the machine already was pulled in the wrong way so the passenger could use the ATM instead of just giving his card to the driver. I wouldn't care about it except that when they were done they started flashing their headlights, honking the horn, and even started revving their engine and lurching forward a few inches at a time to get me to back up so they could get out. Hey pal, you're the one that's facing the wrong way, not me. And my car's all paid for... Needless to say I sat there until they backed out...

seefresh said:
BWAAHAHAHAHA... I love Maddox!

"The iPhone is a piece of ****, and
so is your face."

Did you happen to read the Alphabet of Manliness? What a great book. Even better was the eye-roll I got from SWMBO every time she saw me reading it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back