Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...we gonna do what they say can’t be done.

5F5A4CBD-A8AA-4975-B93F-C8852AF6AE7F.jpeg

We’re so screwed. We’re hoping for the medical community to save us from the zombie apocalypse, and this is the best they can do for an adhesive? Pine sap and tar?

View attachment 670833
I'm creating my own story of where those were stuck and no amount of rebuttal will change my mind.

The other night I stopped by the grocery store. Chaos. Even worse was the local pot shop in my neighborhood. I was always curious because legalization has been new and most shops are packed. This one from my drivebys has always been subdued. Not that night! It was like a scene from a movie with overflow parking and people scrambling over each other trying to get in.

Really? I use about a half roll each time I brew.

That’s grossly excessive. What are you using so many for? I use 1 sheet max and it’s for catching fermenter sample port drippings.

Rather than wasting paper, I use old bath towels for clean up. Most important is the one I lay down on the floor right in front of the brew table because it catches 90% of all misc spills and the pump drippings. On the few occasions I’ve had a large spill it also acts as a sponge and keeps the river of wort contained.

That’s grossly excessive. What are you using so many for? I use 1 sheet max and it’s for catching fermenter sample port drippings.

Rather than wasting paper, I use old bath towels for clean up. Most important is the one I lay down on the floor right in front of the brew table because it catches 90% of all misc spills and the pump drippings. On the few occasions I’ve had a large spill it also acts as a sponge and keeps the river of wort contained.
Me too.... I have older white towels that I use. While white wouldn't have been the first choice. They're the oldest. A cup of bleach and some detergent makes worth using over and over again.

Me too.... I have older white towels that I use. While white wouldn't have been the first choice. They're the oldest. A cup of bleach and some detergent makes worth using over and over again.

Mine were originally cream colored, but years of bleaching has turned them pearly white. 1/4C of PBW added to the washer makes them even cleaner.

Without this devolving into a p*ssing contest, is your brew area and equipment the same as mine? Do you like stepping on and tripping over towels on the floor? Is it nice to have to wash those towels after every brew day?

I've long said people should do what makes them happy. If using towels makes you happy, it's no skin off my nose. But I'd think the same courtesy could be applied in reverse. Since you don't know my situation, context, equipment, and space, it seems....immoderate for you to pass judgment.

Without this devolving into a p*ssing contest, is your brew area and equipment the same as mine? Do you like stepping on and tripping over towels on the floor? Is it nice to have to wash those towels after every brew day?

I've long said people should do what makes them happy. If using towels makes you happy, it's no skin off my nose. But I'd think the same courtesy could be applied in reverse. Since you don't know my situation, context, equipment, and space, it seems....immoderate for you to pass judgment.
My post wasn't meant to be judgmental.

It doesn't bother me what you do. I was pretty much telling you what I do. Truth be told, I'm cheap and don't like to waste paper towels.

I only have them out after a hose dribble or spills near the sink. I'm not tripping over them either.

After brewing, I'll rinse them and ring them out and hang to dry. I don't wash them after every use. When they get bad I wash them with my rags.

Hopefully not fueling a fire here, but what if we applied the same rationale to TP...
..."omg, you use bum-whipe-paper... why not just use a towel and wash it with..."

Hell, y'all probably hate me, I use disposable cloth towels. I buy bar mops for kitchen towels. Once my kitchen towels are retired, they move to garage/brewery. If they get nasty, they get tossed. Dedicated clean ones an/or paper towels for specific clean side stuff. But anything gets gross or funky goes in the circular file. I absolutely could clean them, but cost of replacing < cost of cleaning (factoring in washing, drying time and volume of towels). Note, I usually dispose of 1-3 per month.

Back to random pictures...
FullSizeR(2).jpg

Hopefully not fueling a fire here, but what if we applied the same rationale to TP...
..."omg, you use bum-whipe-paper... why not just use a towel and wash it with..."

Hell, y'all probably hate me, I use disposable cloth towels. I buy bar mops for kitchen towels. Once my kitchen towels are retired, they move to garage/brewery. If they get nasty, they get tossed. Dedicated clean ones an/or paper towels for specific clean side stuff. But anything gets gross or funky goes in the circular file. I absolutely could clean them, but cost of replacing < cost of cleaning (factoring in washing, drying time and volume of towels). Note, I usually dispose of 1-3 per month.

Back to random pictures...
View attachment 671073
Good point.
I'm thinking this went over most people's heads.

I don't normally like puns but that's pretty punny.
This was me.... Now I gitit. I totally missed the text though.

FTFY!

3o7TKCYB0bVQY4vP7W.gif

Last edited:
I'm thinking this went over most people's heads.

I don't normally like puns but that's pretty funny.

it has comes up every year of my life; it's my birthday.

also Happy Birthday to to Eva Longoria, David Cronenberg, Greg Nicotera, Judd Hirsch, Dee Snider, Fabio, Jimmy Baio, Will.i.am, Renny Harlin, Lawrence Tierney, Mark McGrath, Park Overall, Craig Wasson, Terrence Trent Darby, Mike Love, Ry Cooder, Sly Stone and Bret Michaels

me on my 13th, my first shave

249.jpg

My post wasn't meant to be judgmental.

It doesn't bother me what you do. I was pretty much telling you what I do. Truth be told, I'm cheap and don't like to waste paper towels.

I'm not wasting them. I am using them to be more efficient and to optimally use my brew area.

I'm OK with people being frugal in whatever ways they want to be frugal. I drive a 2014 Ford Focus; I know people who will judge me on using stuff like a few paper towels, while they drive their 2019 Big Honkin' SUV that gets half the mileage my car does. I don't hassle them about wasting gas--heck, they could walk or bike half the time--and they don't hassle me on the choices I make.

Latest posts

Back