Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80626451-F7E1-452E-B406-B5B62828CD88.jpeg

But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”​

Beware-Leopard-220041986.jpg

But the plans were on display…”​

“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”​

“That’s the display department.”​

“With a flashlight.”​

“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”​

“So had the stairs.”​

“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”​

“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”​

View attachment 842781
I was thinking I'd heard that before, and that it sounds quite Monty Python-esque, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Had to look it up.
Of course, Douglas Adams. I'm embarrassed for not remembering.
My favorite (of so many), from Adams - "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

So I was at the dentist today and I had to wait in the waiting room. I went to use the rest room and I really had to go, but I read this sign above the toilet and I had to come out. I told the receptionist that I couldn't use the bathroom and showed her a cell phone picture of the sign. I did make her laugh though......

sign.jpg

Maybe, if I’d paid more than $20 for a digital watch, I’d have gotten one that recognized Leap Year…
View attachment 842973
Casio fw91 is a classic I've used for many years and still occasionally wear, depending on variant they go for about 25-50 dollaroos. Waterproof, takes a beating and the battery just last and last and last.
Nowdays I mostly use my G-shock Steptracker, a little more pricey but that one can really take a beating.

Hah! Not me - I abuse TF out of this thing and it keeps on...ticking ;)

My boys otoh are all into fancy $$4-digit$$ time pieces, they each have a few and they sell/buy them frequently. I don't get it - I couldn't wear anything that pricey other than maybe dinner out due to the risk of somehow damaging one. I'm alway clanging my cheapo Timex on door jambs or scraping them on pavement while crawling under a tractor or truck, shoving my arm down a mower discharge chute to clear out a clog, dunking while fishing, or any other incidental abuse...

Cheers!

Casio fw91 is a classic I've used for many years and still occasionally wear, depending on variant they go for about 25-50 dollaroos. Waterproof, takes a beating and the battery just last and last and last.
Nowdays I mostly use my G-shock Steptracker, a little more pricey but that one can really take a beating.
Casio fw91: the watch most used by terrorists worldwide to build time bombs

Is it a time warp, or does the leap year have something to do with it?
View attachment 842994
Wasn't scanned out of Springfield properly and when it arrived in Hartford, the scan in probably triggered an alert and a postie at Hartford scanned it out of Springfield so that the system wouldn't explode later when it left Hartford.

Ah - I get it now.
Maybe Management should just provide "Like" access to the full monte of expressions.
Probably have to change the name from "Like" to something else...like "Observation" or something.

Otoh, I have been known to drop just a single emoticon into a reply...

Cheers!

Back