Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A faceplant on the asphalt doesn’t end well. Well, 2 hours in the ER and 15 stitches later it ended.
1E90B7F9-9F2A-4076-9CBA-AE94A0B72ED1.jpeg

The rest of the story-

Our oldest grandson graduated college a couple of months ago and scored a really good, entry level, job in his field here in Billings. He’s been staying at our house until he can get into a place of his own He brought his dog along (a Border Collie) and we’ve enjoyed having both of them here.

The dog is used to being on the farm and adjusting to being in the city, and on a leash, has been a bit of a challenge for him. This morning we were walking the dog and he decided to change directions abruptly, He got tangled up between my feet and I went down face first.

No major damage, nothing broken, I’ll just look like Herman Munster for awhile…

A faceplant on the asphalt doesn’t end well. Well, 2 hours in the ER and 15 stitches later it ended.
View attachment 825007
The rest of the story-

Our oldest grandson graduated college a couple of months ago and scored a really good, entry level, job in his field here in Billings. He’s been staying at our house until he can get into a place of his own He brought his dog along (a Border Collie) and we’ve enjoyed having both of them here.

The dog is used to being on the farm and adjusting to being in the city, and on a leash, has been a bit of a challenge for him. This morning we were walking the dog and he decided to change directions abruptly, He got tangled up between my feet and I went down face first.

Done a few face plants in my time - screwing around with a deep racing start in a shallow pool, and most recently demonstrating how I could put my palms on the floor after a couple of drinks (don't try that), but nothing that drew blood. Each could have been worse.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Brew on :mug:

View attachment 825007
The rest of the story-

Hopefully it doesn't impair the brewing schedule. Get well.

View attachment 825007
The rest of the story-

Ouch! My dog did something similar (feral cat involved) and I had to have 4 front teeth pulled. Hope you are feeling, and looking better soon.

The latest creations, opposite sides of the same nugget, a pendent and a ring.
IMG_1313.JPG
The lady that owns the gallery I sell at asks me if I wanna sell them as a set, or individually. I tell her "individually". And tell her why it will be easier and faster. She tells me "I'm gonna prove you wrong and sell them as a set."

OK, Cool?

She is a wonderful human, so I'll go with the flow!

Had a skid loader for the weekend to get some parts of the yard graded, got the important stuff done then I remembered a huge cherry tree that fell in my woods a few months ago and thought while I had the machine i should fetch it. A buddy of mine has a saw mill I'm gonna take it to and get boards made, also I've been wanting to make a new live edge bar to replace the one in my kitchen... this should do.
20230723_133419.jpg

This was probably the largest one on my property, came down in storm... it was uprooted and the majority of the tree stayed off the ground, allowing me to get to it when I had the time. After that piece it split off into a couple sections that were still nice and straight so I pulled them out too, the only thing I wish it had was a couple burls, several of my other cherries have them.

Latest posts

Back