Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or, in my case

"Doc! Doc! my TOOTH just COLLAPSED"

"helo is leaving in 5 minutes... YOU'RE ON IT!"

yep. Medevac'd off the ship to Rota on the way back from Desert Storm. met on the runway by an ambulance. those corpsman were told there was a "medical emergency" coming in. what they got was a dental emergency.

Dental fixed me up, I hopped a C5 back to Norfolk where I was met by my Mom & Brother. Spent the night there, another C5 to Chucktown a week before the ship arrived

my shipmates told me they ran out of cigarettes after refueling in the Azores

and to keep it ON topic...

166.jpg

Or...if they were bored....
A friend of mine had an ingrown hair a couple inches above his knee, went to the corpsman. They cut a hole in his leg you could put your finger in. They stuffed a cotton ball in it, and told him to get back to work!

Hope Doc at least offered Motrin
Or...if they were bored....
A friend of mine had an ingrown hair a couple inches above his knee, went to the corpsman. They cut a hole in his leg you could put your finger in. They stuffed a cotton ball in it, and told him to get back to work!

all the corpsman would do is give you a Motrin, tell you get back to work

"Doc! Doc! I have a sucking chest wound and I'm bleeding out!"

"here's a Motrin. Get back to work"

I spent 3 years on a cruiser and the ship's doctor wanted to be a dermatologist. No matter what, he told you to wash it 3 times a day with Dial soap.

Yeah, I was down in the #2 engineroom when it happened, luckily we had the main steam guarding valve closed. Rocked the whole ship, didn't know what was going on!

I was working there on a high school co-op program when the Standley Steamer event happened. Never knew the exact details, but there sure were a lot of stories floating around about it

Ibuprofen was invented in 1961. I was in '87 to 93 & that's the only OTC pain reliever they gave out

Also known as Advil

I'm not finding any dates for the brand Motrin

I was in '74 to '78, I think all we had were APC's.

Recently looked up the Standley's location, about 15 years ago they used it for gunnery practice and sunk it off the NE coast of Australia. 23 June 2005.

R.I.P.

Last edited:
Don't forget your antioxidants A, D, E & K:
Vitamin A for alcohol
Vitamin D for dessert
Vitamin E & K as the cup size for tig ol bitties

Fry it up in a cast iron pan and you will also get your daily requirement of iron.
Max Stout has a GED in medicine and is telling you--bacon is good for you! Accept no substitutes! Turkey bacon just doesn't cut it.

I like the interviews with the centenarians. They always ask, “what’s the secret to your longevity?”
They usually say some **** like,”bacon and whiskey every day!”

I like the interviews with the centenarians. They always ask, “what’s the secret to your longevity?”
They usually say some **** like,”bacon and whiskey every day!”
Don't forget the cee-gars. Pint of whiskey, couple cigars, plenty of bacon, every day, you'll live for ever. If not who gives a $#!? you had a good ride. I like when it's a tiny old lady they interview.

minesweeper... RESPECT!

and I'm 101% positive that's San Diego bay, Harbor Island, Harbor Drive bridge and, behind that, NTC. off to the right, RTC

and it just passed my home, that little peninsula between Shelter Island and Harbor Island, the Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Training Center Pacific FLEASWTRACENPAC

minesweeper... RESPECT!

and I'm 101% positive that's San Diego bay, Harbor Island, Harbor Drive bridge and, behind that, NTC. off to the right, RTC

and it just passed my home, that little peninsula between Shelter Island and Harbor Island, the Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Training Center Pacific FLEASWTRACENPAC

1980-1985 I spent working at NARFNI, and living in Imperial Beach and Coronado. Loved that early morning drive along the Strand!

Back