Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Black Widow was inside one of the buildings at work yesterday. She was captured, taken outside and released unharmed.

IMG-0838.jpg

This Black Widow was inside one of the buildings at work yesterday. She was captured, taken outside and released unharmed.

IMG-0838.jpg
The first Spring after we bought our house we had a black widow infestation. Every night before bed I would patrol around the outside of the house (and in the garage) with a flashlight and fly swatter. I must have killed at least 300 of them that first month! Then I would dream about an 8-foot tall widow, coming after me for killing all her babies... Fun times!

IMG-0838.jpg

Back when I lived in SoCal I started learning plumbing and drain cleaning. Out there the water meters are at the curb in little boxes. Every time I had to open one up to shut water down I’d have my touch ready to kill them.

Growing up I was taught “if you kill it, you better eat it”. Didn’t like doing it, but I’d rather kill them than get bit reaching in.

Dear Mr. Electrical Contractor:
Did you miss class that day when they instructed you to never install an outdoor electrical box with holes in the top, and vertical conduit out the bottom?
We've had torrential rain lately. Water and 220 don't mix well. The fireworks from the dead short were epic.
At least my friend now has AC. It was 95 and humid today.

AC1.jpg
AC2.jpg

Dear Mr. Electrical Contractor:
Did you miss class that day when they instructed you to never install an outdoor electrical box with holes in the top, and vertical conduit out the bottom?
We've had torrential rain lately. Water and 220 don't mix well. The fireworks from the dead short were epic.
At least my friend now has AC. It was 95 and humid today.

View attachment 636368 View attachment 636369

I was stationed on an FFG and we had some large equipment loaded on board through a raised hatch (similar to this pic) on the fantail, which led to a space my division was responsible for. but the equipment was too large to fit through the hatch, without removing the raised part. so, they detached it, moved the equipment through, then re-welded the hatch back...

or so we thought. the lazy contractors had actually just tack-welded it, then CAULKED the rest of it, painted it, signed off on the work, then went home early

the next day we headed out to sea for a short cruise into relatively calm seas, but it was rough enough to bust those tacks and the whole assembly went sliding off the fantail into the ocean.

iu

Back