Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50221107_10157095713938615_3513149635990388736_n.jpg

That is a truly amazing picture. Many people believe that hummingbirds only eat nectar. In fact they are voracious insectivores. I had no idea that they ate fish too. I really love how the lighting plays on his feathers (assuming he’s male because of his bright coloration).

Edit: I see that this is a kingfisher and not a hummingbird. Still very cool and in my research, I learned that hummers will eat small fish.

Oh surprise surprise, this happened in Florida. Years ago (also in Florida), someone was stabbed with a swordfish head. That event subsequently found its way into the Carl Hiaasen novel, Skin Tight. I wonder if his next book will include a similar squirrel stabbing. If you like to read zany mysteries I highly recommend his books. They're a "hoot."

Here in south Africa we had a similar experience but at a much greater scale.

About 15 years ago the government had an aids awareness campaign where millions of condoms were distributed along with an aids awareness leaflet neatly stapled through the centre of each condom package.
OMG how stupid :eek:

Back