Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me, to the couple in the restaurant who moved to a table farther away from us

b01108c2-434a-415b-bc09-d07e1bd7ef21_text.gif

Over the last few months Amazon delivery has steadily degraded to the point I simply cannot hold any expectations.
This was supposed to be delivered today...

1713644241449.png

Even if one accepts your premises, they do not give live birth, so the answer is no.

And I don't think coconuts would qualify as monotremes either, just to head that one off, in case you've gotten into the bourbon tonight. ;]
Coconuts are mammals because they have fur and produce milk.
Discuss.

(and I hear they are migratory)

Even if one accepts your premises, they do not give live birth, so the answer is no.

And I don't think coconuts would qualify as monotremes either, just to head that one off, in case you've gotten into the bourbon tonight. ;]
But what if two swallows carried one between them, tied with a bit of creeper?

<bourbon free>

But what if two swallows carried one between them, tied with a bit of creeper?

<bourbon free>
My my, we must be particularly bored tonight.... though that covers the migratory part in cases where the trees are land bound, I suppose, though I think salt water inundation may be part of their germination process.

Watching a psychological thriller with closed caption on & it keeps saying "ominous music playing"

Wouldn't ALL music in a psychological thriller be ominous?

They might be planning to use on-module voltage step-down, so that they can power with higher voltage and lower current.

Considering the amount of silicon used today and sprawled around CPU sockets with massive heat sinks to feed a processor with a max TDP of a mere 253 Watts (eg: the flagship Intel Core i9-14900KS running XMP settings) fitting a 2000 Watt solution atop a module of any current convention would present some major cooling challenges in its own right and even more difficult as there's no thermal coupling to the motherboard.

As a one time chip and motherboard designer who had to deal with the likes of Alpha processors I don't see that as a viable solution, but we'll see...

Cheers!

Considering the amount of silicon used today and sprawled around CPU sockets with massive heat sinks to feed a processor with a max TDP of a mere 253 Watts (eg: the flagship Intel Core i9-14900KS running XMP settings) fitting a 2000 Watt solution atop a module of any current convention would present some major cooling challenges in its own right and even more difficult as there's no thermal coupling to the motherboard.

As a one time chip and motherboard designer who had to deal with the likes of Alpha processors I don't see that as a viable solution, but we'll see...

Cheers!

At these kinds of powers, coupling to the motherboard for cooling is an irrelevant nit. As the linked story mentions, they are looking at liquid cooling solutions. Sounds like they are looking to reinvent the IBM TCM (thermal conduction module) that was introduced in the 1980's with the 3080 series of processors.

I used to work in chip packaging development, so am quite familiar with the challenges of handling the heat from a high power module.

Brew on :mug:

At these kinds of powers, coupling to the motherboard for cooling is an irrelevant nit. As the linked story mentions, they are looking at liquid cooling solutions. Sounds like they are looking to reinvent the IBM TCM (thermal conduction module) that was introduced in the 1980's with the 3080 series of processors.

I used to work in chip packaging development, so am quite familiar with the challenges of handling the heat from a high power module.

Brew on :mug:
One of my first assignments at IBM was working in early 308x development back in 1977, three years before it was announced.

The apparent response filter of an index managed stock fund seems eerily tightly bound to the market when it drops; while it seems more sluggish than sloth on depressants when the market rebounds.

Cheers!

just wait til I overclock that sucker

I don't buy beer very often so I'm usually oblivious to or at least well behind trends, but is this actually a thing now?

https://www.axios.com/local/denver/2024/04/23/high-abv-beers-trend

I know I am but one purveyor of store bought beer, perhaps not frequently but monthly, and I cannot say that I have noticed that trend except in the. Craft IPA section, which I breeze by. Treehouse always seemed higher ABV than anything I’d want, and the folks I hang out with that I share my home brew with also dislike 6+% as just one is more than soporific enough.

Back